1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 5/5/2017 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 4, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

We are firmly the better team with Parker out for the series. He was the true Rocket killer this year. He has been 16ppg on 52% shooting in the playoffs while running the offense.

Rockets got lucky.

2. sfayner

sfayner Member

It's a shame we don't have the opportunity to beat the Spurs at their full strength. However, we need to beat the crap out of them today.
    NO MERCY!!!!

Remlap likes this.
  3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

My concern is with Parker going down that this is the perfect story line for Leonard to take over the team. Passing the torch if you will. Leonard is a talent to be sure.

4. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Parker added another gear to their offense. He attacked the paint just like harden. Patty mills was perfect off the bench. A bench player starting in the playoffs will be to our advantage even if leonard is a superstar.

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Next 3 games are must wins!

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

No excuse not to win this series without Parker. He was ballin in the playoffs and now the Spurs do not have a secondary playmaker.

Anyone else notice when Ryno has a great game we tend to lose?

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Well injuries as we Rockets fans know are part of the game. I wish Tony well as a human being but I don't really have too much sympathy in playoff terms because injuries can happen to anyone anytime and you don't blame that win or lose.

Having said that, I felt the Rockets were the better team and could win the series even before Parker got hurt.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

Are there any viewing parties anywhere?

9. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

We won game one pretty convincingly.

What are you talking about?

Anyway he plays like ass at Toyota Center so if you're worried about him playing well, you can chill for the next two games. lol

10. whathappened

whathappened Member

League wanted Kobe vs LeBron in the finals. Orlando had other plans.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yep, we blew it losing game 2 since GSW won. Now we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to win the next 3, cause that's the Only way we get enough rest for the Warriors.

Good thing we won Game 1, otherwise that would mean the next 4 are Super Duper Must Wins,and almost not worth it because we'd be tired for next round.

BigMaloe, Hakeemtheking and juanm34 like this.
  12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

You say we blew game 2 but I just think the conditions in game 2 were stacked against the Rockets. Rockets took 1 of 2 so that's still according to plan.

Hopefully they can capitalize in 3 and 4

13. heypartner

I thought you said these are must wins, that we can't win without winning the next two?

Or has the phrase Capitalizing on an advantage changed meaning.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets spank the Spurs tonight.

15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Are you trying to be a contrarian? I respect you as a poster here and I am respectful to others as well. Your tone seems to be a bit aggressive.

Either way, yes 3 and 4 are must wins in my opinion. But just because I say they are doesn't mean that will happen. I can hope the Rockets capitalize in these games while still deeming them must wins right? We all want the same thing here.

16. heypartner

My first post that you responded to was a reply to a sarcastic joke post about all the posts saying the next two games are Must Win comments. Yours isn't the only one.

Not being s contrarian, just a sarcastic jokester to what reads like lack of faith we can win in SA.

Smile

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Losing the way we did is a bad look just like it was for them when we took them to the woodshed. It's human nature to question after losses like that so I don't blame anyone for worrying. I think we're in for a hell of an entertaining series that may come down to game seven. We're better but they're a smart veteran team that we'll have to earn our series victory over and I'm confident we will.

18. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I agree. We should have gained quite a bit of advantage. On the other side of the coin this COULD be a legacy building moment for Leonard's Spurs. I am certainly not implying that will happen. But, who is to say that Leonard doesn't have another gear that we have not seen? That he has deferred to Parker until now?

Hopefully even if he does we have too many weapons for him to overcome. Ryno showing up like he did against the Wolves in the last home game would be nice. Not holding my breath though. Something just screws with his head here and it is getting old. Tired of seeing our 20 million Power Forward shoot bricks at TC. Yea. He creates spacing. But nailing wide open threes would be better than not.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

well Ryno will be missing for games 3 and 4 so we won't be at full strength either, both teams will be missing key starters

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Gotcha. Internet and the expressionless nuances.

Anyway, i personally feel that the Rockets would just be making it tough on themselves if they gave homecourt back to the Spurs. That's certainly a possibility and does not mean the Rockets wouldn't be able to go on and win the series even if that were to happen.

I respect Pop's ability to get his squad to win games, even if the Rockets have more weapons. I just want the Rockets to take whatever edge they can get over a perennial playoff tested Spurs team