1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take to bring DeMarcus Cousins to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2015.

1. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Big risk and HUGH REWARD

bilaal14 likes this.
  2. jae713

jae713 Member

I admit that I don't watch him on a game to game basis, but in the dozen or so games that I seen him in I noticed that a lot of his plays start around the free throw area, and for as big as he is, has excellent ball control that allows him to take the bigger players off the dribble. Now I do not know if he prefers to have his back to the basket, but IMO he would be a good fit here. He would be Nene 2.0.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

You obviously go for Cousins. Surround Harden with 4 shooters in the starting lineup. Ultimate Moreyball

RudyTBag and ramotadab like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

His game is not really compatible with nene. So I'll just say you might need to watch more of him

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You need a coach like JVG or Jackson to coach a player like Cousins. I don't think MDA could handle him.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would gladly give up Clint for Cousins. He could be our Detroit 'Sheed or Grizzlies' Randolph.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden could handle him

ramotadab and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Yes plzzzz. I would do this all day... but I would wait a year to sign him out right... we need to use the asset to trade for Paul George this year. :)

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You mean just like he handled Dwight?

Chuck_Ferrari likes this.
  10. the shark

the shark Member

Screw having to "handle" a grown ass man who's being paid millions of $$ to play a game.

11. AFS

AFS Member

Probably not. Patrick Beverley, on the other hand, could probably handle him.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't disagree with you at all. But who is going to handle Cousins? He needs handling.

13. the shark

the shark Member

I agree with what you're saying, however from my perspective you can only watch over someone so much. They're ultimately going to do whatever they want to do. Shame too as this guy is multi talented but he seems like a ticking time bomb.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden has become a good leader, and is the leader of the team. Players on the team rave about his leadership

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

different situation, Dwight is a kid who thought he was the best player on the team

cml750 likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unlike Dwight, at least Cousins plays hard every single night. He might be the kind of crazy we need ala Maxwell, Artest.

He would surely dominate the paint and his dribble drive/three ball style is 100 percent Moreyball.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Don't see how it's that much different. Cousins is the type of player that demands the ball probably even more than Dwight along with being an even worse crybaby

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Cousins actually has low post skills, he has a lot more skill than Dwight and think about it....wouldn't losing nearly every game frustrate you as well ? Harden would make it easier for Cousins to dominate

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Guess it needs to be repeated again. It's a good thing cousins spends most of his time on the perimeter. And the losing is absolutely no excuse for a player to act the way he does night in and night out. He's been that way his entire career. And the fact that hes part of being the reason his teams are losing teams doesn't help either

20. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

right now you guys are like no but after these playoffs I guarantee most will change their opinions.

in today's NBA you run your offense for the first 4-7 seconds depending on if the defense is set, personnel, match ups, if theyre getting back, and if they scored it. you play fast and you try to attack the defense if they are not set. The next 7-10 seconds you better be in your set right at the beginning and you run your plays, if nothing develops, having a post up option for the last 7 to 10 seconds would be perfect, efficient nba basketball.

the post man is not dead, teams are just stupid

catarax05 likes this.