1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bench laughs at Roberson FT's

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2017.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

The media "hates us" regardless what we do. So I say laugh away.

BigMaloe and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No, that's annoying. What the stupid Mavs do.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i cant believe there's an 11 page thread on how its not "classy" or "right" or whatever on what the bench players did to roberson. are you ****in serious? i have no words for this crap. do you guys cry when guys talk trash at the basketball courts in your area? talking **** is one of the most fun parts of the game. wooooooooooooooooooow

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Obviously you are not very good on reading.

The game was over part is referring to Bev (also mentioned above that), which he went after the fan after the game was over. That's a stupid move because there is rule preventing the player to do that, if you have an issue with the fan, do it through the team officials.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

I mean if your posts actually made sense it would be easier to read but whatevs

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You know what, if the Rox will lose that game and Roberson will make couple more FT.

Then,

most of the people here will blast MDA for the hacking strategy and then also saying our bench doing such things was stupid to wake up Roberson.

People only judge an issue based on result, and that's wrong.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

http://ballislife.com/revisiting-ni...ee-throws-at-the-end-of-gm1-of-the-95-finals/

Being a Rockets fan is all about loving a team miss free throws... just like being an Astros fan is all about loving our second basemen. (Hence, why it was sooo painful to have Dwight Howard and Kaz Matsui play in this city).
    When I met Robert Horry I said “Do you know who are the two people I hated the most in mid 90s?” and he replied “Me and who else?” I said “Nick Anderson” and Big Shot Rob of the 95 NBA championship team laughed.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

just because you have a different opinion on it doesn't make it stupid. just bc you wouldn't do what beverley did doesn't make it stupid. That's just your own personal choice. You have absolutely no idea what the whole situation was and your only basis is what bev is displaying in public. he could very well just being general. You looking down on him in this situation is irrelevant

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

what if what if what if :rolleyes:

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL@ OKC using it as motivation. If anything they are probably pissed at Roberson for being so bad at free throws.

and I think Roberson probably is more ashamed about his own Ft shooting than anyone laughinga t him.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

At that point we had a 2-1 lead. In a very hostile environment with a hobbled Harden. We reverted to some tactics to secure a victory which not only includes hacking but also laughing.

It worked and that's why we are 3-1 NOW AFTER THE fact. Sure there is a possible bulletin extra motivation but I advise you to listen to the after game interviews and/or locked on rockets with @The Cat featuring Fred Katz.

Roberson wass defeated and it was visibly obvious after the game.

He has been fantastic this series and he's now broke. Likely to go back to his bricking ways and less defense possibly.

This was an amazingly brilliant play.

#211 BigMaloe, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

So... did coming back against the Clippers a few years back... wake up a sleeping giant or demoralize them? I think the same will be the case with the free throw shooting.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

i expect him to be pretty rattled tonight with the TC atmosphere. Definitely won't be helping him. probably won't be playing as much as he has been once the game gets "boring"

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  14. dragician

dragician Member

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I want a boring game so bad

BigMaloe and YOLO like this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course you judge it based on result. If it works, it's a good strategy. If it doesn't, it's not.

You are talking this like it is a moral issue. I am saying that it is not morality. It's basketball tactic.

How do you judge a basketball player's performance. That's right, based on result.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Exactly. You cant argue with results

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This has nothing to do with moral.

Laughing at a bad FT shooter from couple of DNPCD players at the bench is hardly any basketball tactic, I think you are reaching on this one.

When Rusty Hardin will spill half cup of his soda on the sideline tonight on purpose during a Thunder run and caused a quick official time out, I will agree that's a much better tactic.

When the clock controller in that Spurs / Grizz game "intentionally" let the buzzer to go off and resulting a quick shot by Mills in game 4, that was a great tactic.

Are these morally OK? I don't give a fork about it, because they actually and directly help the teams to win, it doesn't matter if the Rox or the Grizz will win those games or not.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol how dumb. So being on the bench makes them less of a player than a guy like Roberson. They're in the NBA and earned their spot in their own way just like Roberson. You're now trying to use westbrooks response as your defense. Can't think for yourself?

Tell us all what has Roberson done exactly in this league that puts him so much higher than someone on a bench? He's essentially a bench player himself on many other teams.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Have you played a sport before? I believe he absolutely noticed his NBA colleagues laughing. It sure didnt his help his mental state.