1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bench laughs at Roberson FT's

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2017.

1. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I think them laughing affected Roberson even more. If he noticed, then it definitely had a negative mental effect. Put us in a better position to get the W.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Man, looks like all the fans left.

BigMaloe, Vivi and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Have a feeling it was discussed to react in laughter on the bench during a miss to psyche him out.

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

It's a fine line between taunting, strategy, trash talking, and having fun. And the some of the guys are crossing into taunting in my opinion if they continue. It leads to brawls. I'm not in favor of it continuing. I think if you sit and laugh a little, ok. funny. But think if you demonstratively fall all over the floor to mock me I am lot more likely to come over and punch you.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm sure the Thunder will come out red hot because we added this fuel to their fire.

But who cares, it's over and done with. We will still come out to play and close this series out.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Which is why the strategy would work against you. It would get under your skin and affect your normal behavior. You would be thinking about it. In turn, you would think about it your next free throw instead of going through your normal routine. Likely leading to a lower percentage of you connected. Scoreboard rockets. If you were to confront me and punch me on the bench, suspension coming. Further victory towards rockets.

You try to get under players skin to rattle them and slow them down. If it works awesome, if not it doesn't really matter except possibly being more disliked. It's a win-win

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Rockets bench should laugh when Kanter is trying to defend.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Not really. Why wake a sleeping giant when you have a 3-1 lead? Why change the game by mocking? All you've really done is give OKC an option for motivation. We are angry now. I concentrate on my FT more and we send the Hansen brothers after Harden and his ankle as revenge. Harden gets tossed, injured, and all we lose is Roberson. You had beaten me mentally and physically until you'll pulled this move. Now the floor is even. There's nothing to gain and everything to lose. That's a lose-lose right?

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

if it takes people laughing at Roberson who is absolutely terrible at shooting to "wake up" then Okc is in trouble as is. not that serious

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Even Michael Jordan, greatest of all time, looked for sources of motivation. I wouldn't just hand it to them on a silver platter when leading.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

they can look wherever for motivation, that's on them. Doesn't really matter to me

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Haha if you think this is offensive it's only because you don't know what's said during the game

Killatron 2000 and BigMaloe like this.
  14. marky :)

marky :) Member

The game was over at that point lol?

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The organization should just play a video loop of someone laughing on the jumbotron tonight whenever Roberson misses a FT. Clyde's high pitched clown giggle or Deke's Cookie Monster chuckle would be fine.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

Or a sound clip of Nelson's laugh from the Simpsons whenever he misses.

Killatron 2000 and Ziggy like this.
  17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Jordan looked for motivation b/c he was so great that he would get bored with the game.

Roberson is shooting 12% from the free throw line this series. I'm not too worried about a motivated Roberson.

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How can you guys forget Les Alexander's lovely laughter?

heypartner likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Don't laugh unless you win the series, or the Thunder may have the last laugh. Go Houston Rockets!

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So do we agree that this is not about respect, but about getting a mental edge?

It's pretty obvious that it worked to make Roberson more nervous. Whether it will motivate the Thunder to go all out against us remains to be seen. (Personally, I think if they needed this kind of motivation in an elimination game, they shouldn't be in this business.)

One thing is clear. The media hate us for this. Is it good or bad for us? You decide for yourself.