1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need some advice (should I ask this girl out?)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JMAD21, Apr 24, 2017.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'll start from the beginning.

Last summer I accepted a part time coaching position (basically an internship) at a private school. It was a great opportunity since thats what I plan on doing after college. I had a blast doing it, mainly because these 2 friends that I met, who were both part time as well. One of these friends is a girl, about my age, super cute, great girl. The three of us have an absolute blast together! I would have made a move as soon as I got to know this girl, but she had a BF most of the school year. So I pretty much accepted that we'd only be friends and I was fine with that. So we became pretty good friends. As soon as she ended it with her BF, my jr high girls basketball team started trying hard to get me to ask her out. I was professional and told them to drop it. Then, she starts joking with these jr kids about it, almost encouraging it. She also really amped up how friendly she was with me, started flirting a bit. So I thought there may be something here. Unfortunately, that was right as basketball season ended and I haven't been to the school much since. Yet still, every time we see each other she's pretty flirty. BUT when I text her I hardly get any response. She's been sending some really misleading signals. For example, we had our end of school athletic banquet this past Friday. We spent most of that time together (along with the other part time coach), and as we were leaving we walked out together and she invited me join her and some of her friends at a small concert that was in town that night. I had plans with family so I couldn't go. Later that night she snapchats me a picture of one of the guys that she was with... The next morning I text her to ask how the concert was and got no answer. Misleading, right?

So here's where I need the advise. This Thursday we are having a faculty vs student basketball game. Neither of us are returning next year, so this could be the last time I see her for awhile. I like her, but Im okay with only being friends if she doesn't feel the same. But if she does, id hate to have missed my opportunity. I admittedly suck at this stuff! I don't read girls signals very well. So can anyone help translate for me? Should I ask this girl out Thursday? Or does the fact that she barely texts me back mean she's not into me like that?

Would appreciate some female responses lol

Edit: I should add, I would generally think that this girl, as far as looks go, is out of my league. Im an average looking dude, not insecure about it at all. But she's gorgeous. Pretty intimidating lol

Hakeemtheking and joeson332 like this.
  2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

too long didn't read but probably no if you ask on a forum first

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Dude, its not that long

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Too blocky, couldn't read. Eyes hurt now.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Qualuudes can help you seal the deal. Slip some into her drink at the game.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That's weak guys. Tryna get some real advice here lol

#6 JMAD21, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Dude just do it. In all likelihood you'll never see this girl again in your life after a year or so MAX.

Who cares?

8. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Go for it man , the worst that could happen is getting out of " friend zone"and losing a " friend" . If she rejects you, great atleast you tried like a man. Good luck ! I hate " friend zones" always got for it unless at work. That has bitten me in the arse in my younger days. I have learned not to s where I eat....

da_juice likes this.
  9. CallMeTheDream

She's not texting you back on purpose. So maybe she wants you to chase her harder.

Sadat X, dachuda86 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Ask her out. To be honest I wouldn't expect a relationship from her. She sounds like a party girl and might just be looking for the thrill of dating and have a good time. That's not a bad thing either as long as you know what to expect in the future.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

What Utility player said. Ask her oit

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

She's not a party girl at all.

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Meh, snapchatting a dude she's with at a concert tells me she likes to party. I'm not saying she's rocking glow sticks and sports a choke collar because of the fashion statement. Just she likes to have fun. And she'd probably have fun with you if you'd ask her out.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I see what you're saying, I guess it just depends on how you define party girl... She was with a group of people from her church and this guy was one of them. So she doesn't "go out" much lol

15. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I'd let her peg you. Always works for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nook and CometsWin like this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You are so money.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

I created a similar thread here.

But honest the key thing is to just do it. Who cares? That's what I took from it, and it's worked well for me :)

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is where sending a dick pic would be the most appropriate next step.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Your window is gone and you are friend-zoned. Not just with this girl, but all women. Forever. You blew it.

But don't worry. There is still hope!

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/bj-machine.282186/

She's got everything you need and nothing you dont. Low maintence and partially modular.

Welcome to the future.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

In all seriousness, the answer is always yes as long as you don't work with them and they're not married to a relative. ;)