1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Capela has his issues, no doubt, but if you are trying to tell me that Adams can get as high as Capela does on a lot of those ridiculous alley-oops him and Harden connect on, I would love to smoke what you are smoking. Capela has RIDICULOUS athleticism. His problem (one of them) is that he doesn't use his talents effectively.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Anderson has been pissing me off so much this series. He at times isn't even trying out there. He doesn't have much to offer outside of shooting but to be soft and not try on the defensive end too? MDA stupid under those circumstances to keep sending him out there.

3. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

He makes what he's probably worth, even if he is struggling a little in the playoffs. Reality is that good players are getting well over 20M/season in the new cap structure, and that halfway decent players are getting 15-20M/season. Taj Gibson, for example, is a UFA after this season and chances are he'll get something in that range. Kanter's getting 17M/season, and Adams is getting 22M/season, as a point of comparison.

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

since capela put on weight he dont jump as high anymore, at least not all the time.. he is not tyson chandler athletic. Harden would be better with Adams great screener and excellent finisher on pnr and alleys

5. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I'm dreading the day that this eventually becomes the worst contract in the NBA. Although it''s tough to beat Parson's or Crabbe's deals. We need to figure something out quick.

bilaal14 likes this.
  6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

You miss 100% of the shots not taken. That's the problem, Anderson is scared to shoot, that's his only job, and it's killing the offense.

Zboy likes this.
  7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

He ****ing sucks. Get that through your head

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

If you are going to reply to one of my posts, at least read the conversation it was part of. The reply that I replied to, was in reply to my assertion that he needs to shoot MORE.

9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

He's had a few bad games, but he does not normally suck. That THAT through your head.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Hey look, I can post video highlights too!

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. Sanity2disChaos

Fry is better than Anderson, and there it is.

Anderson has been a bench player this series and not a good one. Williams has shown much more at a cheaper rate.

12. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Both Ryan and Capela play a soft game as our starting big men. That kills us every game. This is exactly why we needed a big at the trade deadline. What happens if we play a physical game..... like we should expect for the playoffs

Nene is great, and is stepping it up for the playoffs, unlike Ryan and Capela. The problem is Nene is older and can only play limited minutes.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Lets just convince Larry Bird that no team is going to give up a lottery pick without the guarantee that Paul George is going to sign an extension and sell him on Ryno, Dekker and Harrell, and I guess they would want the Indiana native EG and unload Monta on us. How you say...Git Er Don Morey?

But seriously, Ryno what is going on??? He just needs a couple of threes to go in and that completely changes things. Big game 5 PLEASE!

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Both of these guys should be shopped in the offseason.... one is a vet and one is young guy with a ceiling that the Rockets cant wait for..... I see them as the most movable significant pieces in the rockets arsenal.

I have been saying this from the beginning of the season.... Ryno is going to be among worst toxic contracts in the nba soon... I just hope he is someone elses problem before that happens.

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Please don't get rid of Capela because we overpaid for the hype that is Ryan Anderson. Ryan Anderson is robbing the Rockets in broad daylight without a mask or gun. Then he proceeds to play soft on both ends of the floor and refuses to do the 1 thing we ask. Shoot the ball. Also, the day he stops looking up to heaven after he hits a shot is the day he becomes more consistent. Trust me, GOD doesn't care about you thanking him for hitting a 3 point shot.

I haven't seen such a mentally weak player in a long time. If I have $19 mln guaranteed in my pocket, I'm the most happy go lucky dude in the world.

I still have hope that he will break out of his shooting slump. However, hustle is all about desire and the OKC Thunder have identified him and not James as the weak link on offense and they go right at him in the post and it impacts his entire game. Why, he's soft as jello pudding.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, Westbrook is a ball hog to the nth degree, it would be no fun playing with him at all, and his pursuit of numbers over victories makes it worse.

DD

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets won't get to face the Warriors if Anderson doesn't step up. They can survive against the Thunder with him playing poorly. But they ain't beating the Spurs in the 2nd round. Hell, they may struggle to get past the Grizzlies.

18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

The point is that he can go off at any time and probably will.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

Anderson will be a lot more useful and efficient coming off the bench next year. Morey needs to get a real starting 4 and 5

20. j3i

j3i Member

He ended the game with only 2 personal fouls... If you can't defend at least take a foul with the ball on the floor so the defense can reset. Prigioni would be a better defensive player than this dude.