1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lower Bowl..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

it may have pointed out in the game thread... but seeing (A LOT) of fans leave 3-5 min early.. from a playoff game.. THAT WE ARE WINNING... makes me absolutely sick.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

To be fair it was a blowout on a Sunday night. A lot of people (including myself) had to work this morning. I stayed to celebrate with the Rowdies in the corridor and didn't get home till 2am but still other people needed to get home to snooze ya know.

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

yeah they needed to get home early so they could be fresh at work tmrw to tell their underlings at the watercooler how they had lower bowl tickets

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

A decent amount of people in my section headed out but a lot looked like families and I didnt realize what time it was, it was fairly late. I dont blame them because it was a blowout at that point.

By the time I got to bed it was close to 1 - I had to wake up at 430 to make it back to Fort Worth and into work. I am paying for it right now but well worth it.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Blew em out by 30 mid 4th Q. If you see Bobby Brown coming in during a playoff game it's time to dip.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I left early when Bobby Brown came in. No craps given. Great game and now I am 3 hours into the work week. I hope to do the same thing Wednesday.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Couple things,

We're in Texas. When we play on Sunday, we have briskets that we need to tend.

[​IMG]

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

can't blame them, late game plus traffic afterwards and work in the morning

9. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

That wasn't the issue the real problem was there being empty seats. That's just disgraceful. Every damn seat should've been filled. I look at the sorry Texans game with 4x the capacity and their seats are filled every week and they haven't done a damn thing in 15 yrs to warrant it. Houston sports fans need to get their damn priority straight

Invisible Fan, adw, DudeWah and 3 others like this.
  10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

As a kid, one of the first thing my parents taught me was to mind my own business.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The earlier you left, the better the fan you were. Letting OKC know the game was ALREADY OVER.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tbf, it was around 10:30 on a Sunday night when the human victory cigar Bobby Brown entered the game. I'll forgive those who left early this 1 time.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

H-Town crowd gets a lot of hate but let's give credit when it's due. They were there early and the place was bangin!!!

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

People get upset at the silliest things. Save your disdain and disgust for something that really matters.

CCity Zero, BigMaloe and FLASH21 like this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Did you go to the game? When the lineups were being announced there was no empty seat from my POV.

People do happen to get up and use the restroom, grab a beer, get some grub... I'm pretty sure they're allowed to do that throughout the game. For once I can say attendance and contribution from the fans in terms of providing energy was on point last night. Lots of Thunder lovers to gawk at too!

Lawlruschang and BigMaloe like this.
  16. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Those food lines have a terribly long wait sometimes. Missed almost a full quarter waiting for a freaking pre crappy pizza once. At a certain point you're left wondering if you should leave the line but you think there's only two more people in front of you how long can it be...but its almost always longer than you expect.

mac18w, Lawlruschang and BigShasta like this.
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm ok with fans leaving. It let's the Thunder know they are worthless. In fact fans should have left at the end of the 3rd quarter :D

The only thing is if lower bowl fans leave, upper bowlers should get a chance to go to lower bowl

bilaal14 and BigShasta like this.
  18. TheresTheDagger

San Antonio fans left the Memphis game early too and their game was a blowout.

If this is the worst thing we have to complain about this playoffs, we are in really good shape.

bilaal14 and Lawlruschang like this.
  19. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

People who aren't at games that complain about people who are at games is hilarious.

I've been to 26 games this year, including last night. I'll leave when I want. I give this organization my fair share of money.

20. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am curious. I have not been to many playoff games. But what building was better for noise during a game. I went to Dallas game 2 in 2015 and it was nice and loud but did not seem like anything compared to Game 5 against Phoenix in 94 after we came back from 0-2 (losing first two at home). Is Toyota Center of the old Summit more intimidating for visitors?