1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Battle of Berkeley

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Are you really Iranian? Would love to know your story.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I reckon this is no longer a Trump supporter safe space anymore...

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm against violence but I'm for defending yourself from violence.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm an American.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's a paid Russian stooge.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Summary of the battle in one pic
    [​IMG]

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

If so they need to return him for a non-defective one.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

no you're not. your "hero" ran up and sucker punched a woman then ran away like a coward. one of his friends was getting beat down by a group of people and he did nothing to help or defend him.

no you're not. you're a nazi-supporter who thinks people who assault women and run away are "heroes".

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It really isn't surprising that his hero is an unemployed felon, leader of white supremacists group who assaulted a female, and did nothing to help his friends because he would have had to actually stand up to someone who could really hurt him.

I'm not sure why anyone expected Russianlegend to have any other type of hero. It fits in with so much of what he's posted here.

No Worries and jo mama like this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

He wades through multiple full grown men actively engaged in fighting to find a 95lbs woman to punch in the face.

Truly the hero the Alt-Right deserves.

No Worries likes this.
  11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Telling that you are only critical of one side, here... The guy who punched the gal was clearly in the wrong, but no criticism of the lefties' behavior in the overall battle of Berkeley?

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Good that you acknowledge the guy was wrong (though of course, you then weaken that by rambling on)... but was this Battle of Berkeley a part of the Civil War?

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't know what the hell they're doing over there in California. There's a lot of people upset with the rise of populism, jingoism, and Trump but the rest of the country seems to still use peaceful protest, discourse, and political advocacy. In California, they have street fights.And probably, it's not fair to characterize it as California generally. They have some more radical elements, and it only takes a small group of people to make things turn ugly. But, it's really tiresome to hear people confirm their biases based on what's going on in Berkeley. Maybe some day the rest of the country will get to where they're at, but that's definitely not us today. They might be anti-Trump, but I don't recognize much less sympathize with what those guys are doing over there.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You know, with apologies, this is getting close to ignorant.

"California" is not equal to a very small percentage of nihilistic anarchists who show up looking for fights at any event in Berkeley or Oakland. I know literally hundreds of people in Berkeley alone, and NONE of them showed up to this event and wouldn't be caught dead "counter protesting" some Trump supporters.

To me, this isn't really news-worthy. Trump supporters choose the one spot, the one neighborhood most likely to result in a violent event; they drove out of their home towns and they successfully held a violent event, with idiot anarchists (who most probably did not vote and are not even in any sort of standard "left" political spectrum) fighting them.

All the Californians I know rolled their eyes when they heard in advance of this event. "Oh god. Same old, same old. Let's avoid Berkeley this weekend." The many friends I have in Berkeley all got out of town on Saturday. If I were the city of Berkeley, I would just stop issuing permits for marches until they've arrested all the anarchists.

It's like: let's hold a Black Lives Matter event in Couer d'Alene, Idaho, and predict how that goes, shall we? Stupid.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Noted, and I did acknowledge that it isn't really representative of California. I just can't overlook the fact that these groups call California home. They are a product of California the way militia groups are a product of Idaho. It's not an accident these things happen in Berkeley of all places.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It really boogles my mind how people just can't use basic common sense and understand a significant portion of those rioters are anarchists who just want to start ****. He'll, many of them probably want Trump as he is their best shot at destabilizing the federal government.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

to be honest I don't feel bad for the woman getting punched. She wasn't a bystander nor a peachful protester. she went there for a fight like the other idiots, she got exactly what she wanted.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I feel the same. From what I can see, both sides of this were complete scumbags and so both deserve whatever happens to them. It's what happens when half of the bottom of the barrel sets out to fight the other half of the bottom of the barrel.