1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

striking while the iron is hot: TRADING da B fo da G

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

MAY DAY

MAY DAY

PWWWWWWWWWW!

An early playoff exit looms for the Rockets, and you hope that's enough.

Enough to take the step that sorry franchise so sorely needs.

The step to Giannis. A guy who can be the best player on a championship team, unlike the harden/westbrook types.

In the realm of KD Lebron efficiency , mentally , he's got the kobe factor championship teams thrive off of. He deserves to be in LA, but the Lakers are so loaded and fixed on tanking for another year or two, there's no room for him.

Unlike KD and the warriors, he doesn't come with a clitoris so he has the edge to win in a D'antoine system without 5 other hall of famers.

SO WITHOUT FURTHER A D U, here it is.

James Harden
    Clint Capela
    Darren Morey
    1st rounder

For

Giannis A
    Fillers (none who are good)

A NO-BRAINER. Giannis is untouchable, a born winner on a terrible team and Harden will be leading the Rockets to 1st and 2nd round exits for the next 5 years while putting up great stats.

daywalker02, hakeem94, H.D. and 2 others like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Look, I like you. I think you are really hot but we would be giving up too much for the Greek Vassilis Spanoulis.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's easy to tell which fans have just watched their first Giannis game this year.

This doesn't happen in the NFL, does it...when a player explodes to superstardom for the whole year, and in the playoffs casual NFL fans late to the party start threads about him.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Move to random trade idea thread mods

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like Giannis a lot but let's keep it real if you subbed him out for harden the bucks would have the number 1 seed in the east and the rockets prob don't even make the playoffs.

In fact I would be willing to bet the bucks would be playing in the NBA finals this season.

Lets not act like harden at the same age as Giannis is now didn't win 45 games made the playoffs in the west with Jermey Lin omer asik and parsons as his core while avg 25/5/5 on 60% Ts and it was his first year ever starting.

I like the Greek freak and he might be the best player in the NBA in 3-4 years but he's not on that level quite yet.

He's really good and top 10
    Without a doubt.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OP, you are just like Lakers fans, who think of dumb stuff like this and believe the rest of the NBA should be their farm system.

Bucks aren't trading Giannis for anyone.

H.D., YaoMing#1, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It tickles me funny bones when people respond seriously to Honey's threads.

8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

don't you dare slander the beloved franchise. Everything is going to be fine. You need to fall in line and drink el chapo's kool aid. It gives you a nice buzz, and trust me, you'll need it.

9. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Giannis is a year lousnahead of Harden. And a better rebounder (at same stage) and much better defender.

He's just way way behind shooting. If he could develop a shot he's a top 3 player.

I'd trade Harden for him (pure age and potential play) but it would be straight up and I don't think the Bucs would. And it would put the Rockets a step back for a year. But Giannis with MDA would be interesting.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not enough for Bucks to say yes. Rockets definitely need to give up more.

Harden
    Bev
    Lou
    EGOO
    Rhyno
    Capela
    Daryl Maury
    Keith Jones
    2019 First ROunder
    2020 First ROunder
    2021 2nd rounder

For

Giannis
    Jason Eugene Terry

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

*5 star thread!
    Would read again!

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  13. basketballholic

Forget us. The Bucks are not trading Giannis. For anybody.

And I don't blame them.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen on CF.

hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

We may need to throw in some cash to sweeten the deal

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

3 1st rounders (alternating years) will push it over the top. Not like the Rockets need more late first round scrubs in the vein of Decker with Jordan esque energy like Giannis doing the dirty work. Bring in a guy like DeAndre with the impending Clippers fire sale and you're up there with the best.

Throwing in Morey ups the basketball knowledge in the front office (Houston), allowing for more astute signings instead of the string of 90 bad ones to 2 good ones, spraying darts everywhere and hoping one sticks.

Giannis is old school, marketable and tough to part with, but there's a great 4 year window to go deep in the East as LeBron ages and other young teams haven't put it together. The Bucks just might . . . be stupid enough to do this.

#16 Honey Bear, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    hakeem94 and H.D. like this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Reminds me of the International tournaments, when the “sign Teodosic, why is this guy not in the NBA yet??!!“ threads constantly pop up here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The only thing really stupid here is the thread itself, which has dumbed down the entire NBA Dish.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. basketballholic

Nope they're not that stupid.

He's easily a top ten player right now. If healthy next season he'll be top 5 with an argument of where he is the top 5. Giannis already is what the Sixers hope Simmons becomes. The Bucks are on the rise. If healthy they'll challenge for the #1 seed in the East next season. All because they have a seven foot point guard who will win MVP as soon as he shoots it a little better. Milwaukee has flat out got it going on. They may need a coaching change to unleash their full potential. But they are gonna be championship contenders very shortly.

The boy is a man is a monster.

hakeem94 and H.D. like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He tries oh so hard though.