1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

lol... i would just rather not spam a thread to go back and forth on a losing cause. I dont care to prove people wrong/right. Just here for the kicks and giggles :)

YOLO likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Haters gonna hate

vtjsr2, YOLO and ramotadab like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

End of season bump

RocketWalta and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The playoffs will tell us if Ryan is worth typing up all that cap space with.

He will have to convert enough 3 point shots and keep the defense to offset his lack of defense and rebounding at th PF spot.

One thing I have noticed is that at times, especially late in games, when his shots have been not falling, he will be reluctant to shoot, and sometimes passes up open looks.

He cannot do that. Not only does it break our offense down but it also negates the only thing he does best.

He has to trust his shot and let it fly.

#1265 Zboy, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

if only we had wilson chandler or serge ibaka instead of ryan anderson :/

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If only Ryan Anderson was not so cheap earlier and hired someone to take out the trash at home. He wouldn't have been so **** at home in TC and Rockets would have won 60+ games...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

best rockets acquistion in a long time alongside egod

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I want Ryno to shoot more.

We have all these guys like Gordon Ariza Lou and Ben shooting more shots than him on a consistent basis.

Imo he's the best shooter we have on the team. They should really run more plays to get him open looks from all over the court.

We paid this guy to shoot/score.

Ryno should be getting 15 shots a game imo. I hope to see thatcout of him.

And I do agree he does seem to pass up open shots that I wish he would just let fly. Harden or MDA or both need to sit down with him and let him know that if we're going to have any chance to win a championship this season he has to avg 20+ ppg.

He can do it if he shoots enough shots. If Ryno shoots 18 shots he's going to make atleast 8 of them and most if not all will be threes. We need that output from him.

HTX Ninja and napalm06 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

your suggestion seems reasonable but what if he is passing those shots because he doesn't feeling it in that particular moment? ie that is the very reason he is the best shooter unlike lou and egod and beverly in the past that just let it fly

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

4.5 rebounds in 30 mpg this season.

Horrific. I'm all for a lights out shooter at our PF position, but at what cost? 20 mill per for someone who can't rebound or defend is too much for me.

Hoping Anderson's explodes in the playoffs. His 13 ppg isn't doing it for me.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Serious question here.

Does Ryno really need to take most of his 3 pointers 5 feet behind the 3 point line? Sometimes I think the answer is yes. Since he can hit those, hes stretching his defender out that extra 2 steps, and really is creating that spacing the Rockets offense desperately needs. Sometimes I think, scoot the f up and you'll hit at a better rate and still be a bad ass spacer.

I wish they would have tested that out in the regular season. kind of too late now.

13. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

I believe it is intentional. I remember reading something where Anderson mentioned they talked about it as a team and Anderson believes it doesn't hurt his % too much, but puts a lot more stress on the defense.

14. jae713

jae713 Member

Was he ever a good rebounder and defender? It's surprising to me that people expect him to become something he never was. He is doing exactly what we brought him here to do. Sure, I wish he was shooting better, but for us to expect him to be Kevin Love is unrealistic.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Never said, that, but your infatuation with me is interesting, maybe you need a nice old DD HUG to make you feel better.

Come here big guy, bring it in...

DD

basketballholic likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Anderson's impact on Harden and Capela is far more important than his individual statistical impact. I feel like that should be obvious at this point.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Anderson's impact - weird how we won more games 2 years ago, without Anderson - and it didn't impact Harden that much, but let's keep up that mythos, seems right.

DD

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Now this, ladies and gentlemen, is what you'd call a "straw man argument".

Daddy Long Legs and jae713 like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's actually averaging a substantial career low rebounding percentage, his career average is 12 percent which for a PF is probably a little below average, this season he's averaging 8.5% which is god awful for a PF.

His scoring is also a bit low for what I expected, thought he would have put up at least something close to 15 PPG here if not more, also didn't think he was going to be such a god awful finisher on drives either. I did expect the horrible defense though.

I totally understand the impacts of spacing, Anderson is 9th In made 3's while shooting 40%, and was the only big man to hit over 200 3's this season. Very impressive, totally delivered on his shooting.

Just saying that Anderson hurts this team quite a bit on the boards and the defensive side of the court, not to mention he doesn't create anything on offense either(whether by design or not in our system). 20 mill is a lot of money for just one skill, even though his shooting is phenomenal and provides vital spacing, I still question whether he's hurting the team more then helping due to his glaring weaknesses.

Oh btw, didn't expect Kevin Love, neither has anyone else. Ever.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If you cannot shoot the 3pt shot as a PF in MDA's offense, then you are not a PF in MDA's offense. Pretty clear at this point. And something to remember for this team in terms of team building.

AKA Harrell is not a PF (in MDA's offense)