1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016-2017 James Harden is having the most prolific offensive season in NBA history.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Mar 22, 2017.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I'll go through the rest of them tomorrow.

2. WestendMassive

Can't hurt going through it. I've just got to step into a meeting right now but can look into it afterwards as I'm all about wasting time at work ;). Just give me a timeframe

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Do as many as you can realistically and I'll finish the rest when I wake up.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Gm1 5
    Gm2 4
    Gm3 4
    Gm4 4
    Gm5 5
    Gm6 5
    Gm7 10
    Gm8 5
    Gm9 8
    Gm10 3

Pretty tired but I will try and edit in games 11-20

6. heypartner

Is that from reading the Game Book PDFs?

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

no pbp gamelogs before I see you found it haha

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

so Harden really did miss out on a record by 2 points huh...

[​IMG]

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Cursed... smh.

10. WestendMassive

@heypartner @DonKnock @BigMaloe

Hopefully one of you guys has also gone through the pdfs to confirm because I'm not sure on these numbers.

I got 550 assists on 2 pointers and 371 dimes on 3 = 2,213 points produced from assists.

This number isn't even close to NBA.com's or anywhere else so I must have screwed up somewhere?

If it's accurate, it means Harden smashed Tiny Archibald's record.

I have a spreadsheet if anyone wants it. EDIT: Spreadsheet here

ALSO: If we disregard my numbers and accept ESPN's, I found a scapegoat for you all.
    On January 21, with 2:53 remaining in the 2nd Q, Sam Dekker hit a shot that looked like a 3, but apparently his foot was on the line. So it's either his fault, or the refs for claiming it was a 2 instead of a 3. The replay isn't conclusive, I'd need another angle to make up my mind, although Lauren Holtkamp was all over it and was standing right there.
    Watch here

#210 WestendMassive, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  11. split41

split41 Member

Man, 1 point? That sucks! In Oscar Robertson's day no one really cared about triple doubles. Who knows what the next big crowning achievement might be, but it would have been awesome if Harden got this record tonight...so close.

Ah well, time to rest up that wrist and sweep the Thunder, show Westbrook how a true leader can get those W's

(That being said Harden has a lot more pressure than WB coming into these playoffs as the favourite...I hope he doesn't get the playoff jitters, we'll never hear the end of it)

Go for the Jugular, rox!

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Imagine being one FGM away from breaking the record. It's poetic almost. Almost like Harden's season. Good, but not good enough. 2nd place forever. This sucks.

I think the stat guy may be right, but it doesn't hurt checking the PBP logs. 9 people do 9 games. It shouldn't take more than an hour to check and then double check yourself.

HTX Ninja likes this.
  13. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Im sorry... How the **** do you make that mistake? Seriously. Horrible fail. I am at a loss, so stupid.

14. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

HOW did he miss the record by one point? Didn't he need to score or assist on 39 points? He obviously scored and assisted more than that.

15. WestendMassive

Where was the countdown on this stat anyway? Some media organisation needed to get onto this, it should have been tracked for the last few weeks, just like Westbrook's triple doubles.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Somebody tweet Morey and let the numbers man issue a response.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is a massive let down by Maury and his team. Truly pathetic. You have a front office that prides itself on numbers and stats and yet you miss out by ONE ****ING point. You have a great chance to beat one of the all time records and you don't let your coach or Harden know? Or you let them know but you give them wrong numbers? Either way, this should be a black dot against Maury's resume. I seriously thought Harden played all those minutes last night to get this record which was right there for the taking.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't know if y'all have already scrutinized each and every game log but Harden played 81 games. It takes 9 posters to look at 9 games in details and come up with the totals. Hopefully, we can find a point or an assist here or there.

Or did someone step on the 3 point line ala Jerry Lin style on a Harden assist? :D

19. heypartner

Did you use the PDFs or pbp pages or some type of filtering of the list of assists with description.

Seems you are kinda too far off his 907 assist total. Maybe doing it too fast?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maury said himself you should avoid close situations and close games. Dude should be breaking the record by at least 10 pts.