1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Dekker breaks hand

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clutch citizen, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

2. Space City

Space City Member

Count me in for Team Smoove. Although I bet Morey has kept Francisco Garcia's number around for an occasion such as this.

D-rock and HTX Ninja like this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Ya, you are right, I guess he is not a true d-leaguer. I am still stunned that at this sequence of events though. Earlier in the game thread I was making fun of everybody immediately anointing him as a rotation guy after a few made threes. Serves me right I suppose. We know harden will get him open looks, because he could get me open looks for god's sake. Hopefully he continues hitting.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Ya. Here's to hoping he can keep hitting.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Chamillionaire

Sucks. Going to miss his hustle. Time for others to step up.

Glad it wasn't one of our key guys though.

DonKnock and bilaal14 like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Troy is too small to play PF. Ariza will likely get more small ball minutes, little more Harrell too. Hope Anderson comes back soon and stays healthy.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Lol. No he hasn't

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Sign carlos boozer, terrance jones or kosh smith immediately?

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Broken hand to match his broken shot

(Yuk yuk..)

Its been a decent season. Not great, not poor either. Dekker by far has highest FG% of Rocket wing players if you count him as SF. His 2pt % is almost up there with Nene and Capela. Dekker only played 6 total minutes his 1st year so this is basically his rookie year

10. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Does this mean James flu just got worse?

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The curse and jinx is real. Feigen twitted this right before the game and voila the jinx strikes. Never learn b****es, never learn

kevtse likes this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If you don't think he's improved from last year to this one you haven't been watching.

Does Dekker need to improve his 3ball and consistency? Yes. Still trended upward this year.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Like I figured. He'll be out up to a month. That's not good news, but it's not devastating either. In 3 weeks, we'll be maybe 4 games into the first round at most. You know how the NBA loves to arbitrarily put 3 day breaks between games to drag out that round. So basically if we can beat Memphis or OKC sans Dekker(and I believe we can), he'll be available for the 2nd round. In the meantime, the Rockets can go small with a bunch of guards, go with a mini-Twin Towers of Nene and Harrell(remember, no B2Bs in the postseason, so Nene will always be available), or give Dekker's minutes to Troy Williams.

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I guess I shouldn't be but I'm surprised at some of the comments here. I mean, for a FAN FORUM to have so many people dogging a guy who is now injured...just tasteless IMO.

To come on here and front like Dekker hasn't been a contributor this year, struggles and all. It's sad really. Why are you here? Go away.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that he hasn't really contributed much over the last few months. He was terrific against OKC last Sunday and had a few good minutes against the Warriors on Friday, but for the most part, he's been a non-factor. Even last night, he scored no points and attempted no shots in the first half against the Suns. That's the sign of a guy who has zero confidence in his shooting ability.

htownrox1 likes this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you should post this in the dekker non-factor thread. anyway, I hope dude heals fast and can get back on the court. he makes plays other guys don't and all championship level teams need a guy like that. get well soon sam!

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I was watching the game on mute last night and kinda tuned out most of the fourth, so I actually didn't realize this had happened until now. Bummer, in terms of depth. Lots of small ball forthcoming.

We'll miss December Dekker. I'm not sure March Dekker will be that big a loss though.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

He'll be back before the 2nd round, we'll be fine.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

At least it wasn't his shooting hand.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

He needs to shoot like Anderson, couple feet behind the 3pt line... and just let em fly. I've seen this kid during shoot around quite a few times, he hits like 5-10 in a row sometimes, and they are quite a few feet behind the 3pt line. Idk why coach or ryno hasn't told him yet to just let em' fly.

December Dekker was coming back. I hope the basketball gods didn't screw this one, and it's just supposed to be a blessing in disguise for Troy to develop and be a bigger contributor than Dekker was supposed to be. Still, praying for the best.

#80 Mr. Dominant, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    snowconeman22 likes this.