1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 4/2/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good win. Sux that Dek got hurt. Speedy recovery.

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

If that sounded deuchey my bad lol. Wasnt accusing you of not rooting for rockets players.

Was just hype. When i re read that post it kinda sounded like i was accusing you of not cheering for rox players. Not my intention lol

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Muahahaha... secret weapon
    [​IMG]

5. saner-s88

saner-s88 Member

nice scoring by bev
    but 5'8 Ullis gets 34 over him

6. HTM

HTM Member

Rookie point guard out of Texas

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Went back and watched the first half again.

Booker wanted no parts of Troy without some screen help:eek:

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Anybody see James Harden on the bench?

9. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Real good game from PB and Gordon. This game will help us in so many ways for the remainder of the season and going into the playoffs. Reduce minutes to rest and recharge Harden plus let others take up some of the scoring and playmaking chores when our MVP take a breath.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

What happened that Wiltjer only got 4min? They brought the DLeague team along and barely gave minutes to a guy who's been sitting on the bench for most of the season.
    And what about Brown? Or is he just there to carry Harden's bags and got the night off as well?

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This team really meshes well without Harden. They don't get enough credit. Harden does have a better supporting cast than Westbrook.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Alright, good call by Morey. Maybe I should stop doubting him, though I think signing Scola would be good as insurance with Dekker gone!! To be honest, if Williams is this good, I don't mind Dekker being out. Beverley went nuts, can we get this version every night please?!

deb4rockets and DonKnock like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

45 year old dude

#593 daywalker02, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's a mystery to me. The coach never gives him much of a chance. Now that we are another man down with Dekker hurt, I wonder if the coach will play him more. You wonder why he ever brought him up from the DLeague to begin with.

abaker28 likes this.
  15. threepointshot3

Good win with key guys all contributing. Williams is a lot faster and athletic then Trevor especially running the lanes in the open court and obviously much younger. I think we found a really solid backup now that Sam will miss some serious time. Also most of the remaining games are now meaningless in terms of playoffs positioning with Utah losing and us wining last night(pretty much clinched the 3rd spot) so it is a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to sit Harden for ateast 2 to 3 more games and let him heal up for the playoffs and probably rest up Nene and Gordon a game here and there.

Let Lou be more assertive with the ball and give Trez sometime along with Capella on the court at the same time because I think his natural position is at the 4 spot. .Maybe start them together a game or two to see how they play together because in the playoffs we will need all the depth we can muster especially upfront going up against the Thunders huge frontline and potentially the Spurs or the Grizz in the second round..

DonKnock, ricardo1979 and deb4rockets like this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree! Although, I still think EG takes too many shots at times, instead of passing to guys who are hot with the 3's. He took twice as many shots as Lou and Troy, but they were hitting the shots at a much better percentage. It just goes to show that all our guys can contribute more when they get to take more shots with Harden out. Hopefully Beverley keeps taking more shots through the playoffs, because his 3pt percentage is leading the team. James needs to take less of those shots, because his stats are at the bottom of the barrel of our 3pt shooters.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm anxious to see us beat Denver without Harden, Anderson, Ariza, and Dekker. Our bench is so strong we can probably do it!!! I'm loving the new additions. Go Rockets!!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Doubt harden sits out Wednesday

DonKnock likes this.
  19. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

Call it what you will, but I think we have some great guys on our bench, and think it will be interesting to watch them in the next few games without Harden and Anderson.

20. j@amc

j@amc Member

Troy has played maybe three games as a power forward with the Vipers. I don't think that's too natural for him. He's really more comfortable coming off screens to shoot on the wing and settling into a straight line PnR role play. . . Having him out there with Gordon and Williams/Beverley really opens up the court . . . If you put the four of them together (Beverley, Lou, Gordon + Troy), I think Troy can cover the PF, but who covers the other team's 3? Or the other team's best guard? They would have to develop a double teaming trapping system to go that small for any substantial period of time. Lots of rebounding problems too.

Can't wait to see Troy on the court with Harden, but Troy will have to improve his defensive mindset. We all know that Harden sometimes has his lapses, and we need someone who can make up for his mistakes. At this point, Troy is not that guy. But I think all of that is correctable.

As far as Wiltjer goes, he's maybe a 5-10 minute option. He just can't cover his primary defensive assignment. Most 4's and 3's will look at the tape and just back him into the paint. He lacks the strength and vertical to contest anyone's shot. And he's not quick enough to cover the SF position. Wiltjer shooting is elite so there is a place for him on an NBA team. I just think he needs experience and some time working on his body. He might eventually bloom into a Matt Bonner type but that's down the road.