1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Troy Williams has made Ariza obsolete

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Apr 2, 2017.

1. rawool

rawool Member

He had a good game. Though, against a sub .300 team.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Ariza sucks. He has a few hot streaks here and there, but in general he is not a reliable shooter.

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What was Morey thinking? Should have signed Troy much earlier and traded Ariza and a first round pick for Corey Brewer. We would be all set for the championship!

RocketWalta, No Chance and hakeem94 like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why do we sign so many Troys

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. eman

eman Contributing Member

Where's the "I love Troy Williams. I'm serious" thread?

KingCheetah and DonKnock like this.
  6. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Anyone else think he looks kinda like Otis Thorpe?

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

When I saw T Williams in the box score I thought we had Terrence Williams back...

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

He has made Dekker obsolete for sure... my GOD him and Capella are trade bait..... they do not fit what we are trying to do..... unless they improve dramatically.

Good eye by Morey by signing TW to a non guaranteed contract. He is going to pay dividend when the playoffs start with Harden at the helm.... he will stretch the floor even more.

KingCheetah likes this.
  9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yea hard to imagine a 2nd/3rd year player would actually improve.

Very few documented cases of it ever happening

10. Moleb

Moleb Member

I don't even think the mods care anymore lol. Bad threads come up like weeds. It's probably an uphill battle for moderators.

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Just wishful thinking man.... I do not think Dekker and Capella have future here in Houston. They do not fit what we are trying to do and how we are trying to play the game. Capella with his very very incompetent rebounding and defense.... and Dekker with his weak shooting..... and whatever else he is tasked to do... The guy just rebounds sometimes because of his size, other than that.... nope.

They are trade bait...... as the Rockets will most def be ALL IN next year.... I see us taking on salary and trading away people that dont fit... like these 2.

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same here
    What happened to that guy

KingCheetah likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

I truly don't get where the Capela sucks at rebounding narrative comes from.... 12 rebounds in 25 minutes is kinda good.... 8 rebounds per 24MPG for the season is also good.

14. dmoneybangbang

I just don't understand getting down on the guys in their 2nd/3rd years.

KingCheetah and DonKnock like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On December 26, 2014 he signed with Fuerza Regia of Mexico. In his first game, he scored 19 points in the game that Fuerza Regia won 101-85 against Gigantes Estado de Mexico. Williams also grabbed 2 rebounds and has 6 assists.

On January 17, 2015, he signed with Maccabi Ashdod of Israel. Ten days later, he left the club before playing in a single game for them. In March 2015, he signed with Vaqueros de Bayamón of Puerto Rico.
    He was released by the club after appearing in just two league games.
    In April 2015, he signed with Guaiqueríes de Margarita of Venezuela for the rest of the 2015 LPB season.

On October 6, 2015, Williams signed with the upcoming AmeriLeague to play on the following season. However, the league folded after it was discovered the founder was a con-artist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrence_Williams

KingCheetah likes this.
  16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

You DO NOT trade a young 22 YO center with untapped potential still on a ROOKIE contract for an overpriced center that eats into our cap space. BTW I'm not sure what you mean by saying " he Does'nt fit what we're doing" like where does he not fit? I don't know about you but I see a great chemistry between capela and Harden. BTW this capela' first year starting.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How many games until he renders himself obsolete? Hope at least not this season or postseason.

18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Hope it is a secret weapon for houston vs spurs and warriors. If they still use previous bench, it is too few people and no hope. Warriors and spurs already know how to guard and defense houston except this guy from Memphis

#38 elmotsangtt, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

could definitely go in the 'deserves its own thread' thread

DonKnock likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's hope he does get some playing time when Nene rests. I don't know why he hasn't already. But then, maybe it's to keep Wiltjer and Brown company on the bench as they wait their turns too.