1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] FX's Legion (2017)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

So, yeah. Finale wasn't mind-blowing, but it was real nice. The time spent with the Nick Cave-looking baddie (Google says his name is Clark) was my favorite. The climactic action could have been more interesting, but the Pink Floyd soundtrack and slo-mo stuff was enjoyable. Plenty to speculate about for next season, especially given the post-credits scene. All in all, one of the best first seasons of the past couple of years.

GRENDEL likes this.
  2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It was going to be tough to top the penultimate episode but I was still pretty happy with the finale. Next season looks intriguing to say the least.....

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Truth. That was next-level TV.

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't think Hawley is of the marketing school that mandates a finale be the be-all & end-all. Any ideas that the post credits scene was about? I'm guessing it's just D3.

We were reminded again that the Shadow King is looking for something that I assume David's dad hid. What could that be? I cant think of anything.

5. conquistador#11

Only started watching because of this thread. Great show though the first episode felt like the longest hours of television and made me question if I wasn't in a mental institution. One small observation..Yo that's the guy from "The Guest". He must have lost like 300lbs.
    Second, I searched Tunefind.com for songs of each episode disappointed a clip from Eminem's Monster has not been featured in an episode.
    Aubrey Plaza is the face for the Hot/Crazy scale.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: Did Oliver and Lenny seems a little too chummy at the end? Oliver has been in a coma since the 60s . . . . .maybe that is where Lenny (The Shadow King) was before David was born?

I really like this show. . . . .
    the episode before the finale was some of the best TV this year

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did not realize that the letters were spelling out S H I E L D

Rocket River

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For those of us that watch British and other non-American shows, this is no big deal.

Next season is set up to go any direction they want. I doubt Shadow King plays a huge part. They will probably have another main arc.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

Rashmon likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Can you explain your first sentence more please?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I really do not like watching her... more time for Rachel Keller (the GF who can swap places with others) pls.

boomboom likes this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

American television puts a high emphasis on dramatic finales. Just the way it is. We expect series to hit a peak in the last episode. We are disappointed otherwise.

With British TV, it is often the penultimate episode that is the climax. Season 1 of Broadchurch is when I first noticed.

peleincubus likes this.
  13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I watch a ton of British TV as well so I know what you mean.

I didn't expect the finale to top the last episode, I was mostly referring to how impressive the previous episode was.

I really think that might have been one of the best TV episodes, the direction in particular, I've seen.

Rashmon likes this.
  14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Aubrey Plaza's "Shadow King" is the best character on the show. She owns all the scenes she is in. The Syd character is pretty generic you could replace her with any other generic hot actress.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ahhh ok. Thanks for the clarification.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Legion himself is also generic let me guess?

Sometimes it is rather easier to play a villain, crazy person than just a plain character.

It is more interesting.

Maybe she nails her cray scenes. Maybe it is me not liking the actress. I watch mainly because of Legion.

I could not care less because it does not feel like a Marvel made series overall.

Fargo quality is what I expect from FX most of times.

#96 daywalker02, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  17. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

The music on the show is really outstanding

Rolling Stones-She's A Rainbow. Early in the season during the David/Syd montage

Pink Floyd-Breathe in the finale's montage

And T.Rex-Children of the Revolution and David Bowie-Oh You Pretty Things were on closing credits. Pretty much a 60's/70's rock fan could ask for

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Any particular reason you don't like Aubrey Plaza?
    I am curious . .. . that maybe I missed something

Rocket River

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stems from when I first saw her in a comedy about Sweden with the brother of Amy Poehler, Greg, a probably rather unknown production called "Welcome to Sweden" in which she played herself, a celebrity In Girl, and stalked the main guy being all annoying as hell.

I get she might got a hot bod but I think she got boring facial features, not the type I would look at twice, not my type, I would not find her special in or off production.

Except for exceptional excellence in artistic achievement there is virtually no eye candy in for me.

There are tons of unattractive actors that I find fun to watch but she isn't one of them, mainly because she is attractive, do not get me wrong, however I can't explain precisely how she turns me off on screen though. Might be the important first impression.

Hope that answers it.

#99 daywalker02, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    boomboom likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No worries. .. I was just wondering if she was a shitty personality or person
    like Sarah Silverman - who was cute and quirky until i started listening to her talk . . .. her personality just made all that go away

Rocket River

daywalker02 likes this.