1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use Kodi?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Jul 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Unfortunately, it doesn't work nearly as well for NFL games

2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Need some help here. Lately I have noticed that I am unable to pull up certain movies in Exodus. For example, I cannot find Logan, Rogue One and Doctor Strange, all of which were there before. Anyone else having this same problem?

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Weird, I pulled up Doctor Strange just fine last night through Exodus, I'd check the date on your box if you notice it's only recent movies you're missing, that's a common issue I usually see when recent movies aren't shown.

4. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Ok Ill give that a shot.

5. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Thanks this helped a lot. I just updated a Leelbox from kodi 16 to kodi 17.

Dave2000 likes this.
  6. No Chance

For anyone trying to install Kodi on a firestick this is the easiest way ever.

mario_v and LCAhmed like this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

does this work on the current firestick with alexa?

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I might need to upgrade/update/reinstall my firestick
    It's become a bit slow and the title/menus are a bit f'ed up

Rocket River

9. No Chance

Flawlessly !

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

I just bought my fire stick about a week ago and it's so slow when I use Kodi.

I'm thinking about getting the fire tv box. I think it's supposed to be faster.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am finally at the point where I need to update my Fire Stick
    Now. The person who originally set it up is long gone.
    Now - Do I need an Amazon account to update it? (It is telling me the account is not up to date)
    Anyone got any instructions etc?

Rocket River

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Sorry for the bump. Had to update my fire stick and lost Kodi in the process. Before I put it back on, is Kodi still the best home brew? It was losing developers left and right before I updated. Is there a new os that’s better?

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

To be honest, I haven't really used Kodi lately after subscribing to IPTV service since the service I use includes on demand movies and most TV shows

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Update to the KODI Beast Build. I occasionally have trouble connecting to very, very few servers ( I wanna watch Molly's Game but cannot conect to any freaking server) but the Beast Build is amazeballs. It pretty much puts EVERYTHING on there for you. Also, look for the March update. SO much new stuff on the App to mess with. I watched the Darkest Hour 2 weeks ago via a 1080p stream and it was so clear is was amazing. It looked like 4K.

clutch citizen and tmoney1101 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Recently got a Fire Stick, Amazon Echo, and harmony Hub. Went onto YouTube and found very good instructions from a youtuber called Electronics M.D. Loaded Terrarium TV with the YesPlayer and Kodi 18 with the Wonderbox 18.0 Alpha 1 build. Both work great. Especially like using Alexa commands to start up the FireStick.

If I was closer to the router I'd probably add a dongle that allows you to connect direct to the router but most times I get fast enough Wi-Fi in the main room.

clutch citizen and tmoney1101 like this.
  16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Can you link the video?

Are there 4k movies in this build?

I bought a fire tv today and I’m trying to figure out how to stream 4k Blu-ray.

17. NewRoxFan

Sorry, I had his name wrong... its Electrical M.D. Here's one of his videos, but he does many so might want to subscribe to his channel. btw, I use the 4K Kodi but I dn't have a 4K TV or receiver. No issues watching on non-4K.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Thanks I’ve been at it for like 3 hours now. I’ll watch a video for 20 minutes then one little thing will be off or I can’t find a file and it won’t work and I’ll have to start with a new video. Getting pretty frustrated lol. I just did a factory reset to start from scratch.

19. NewRoxFan

Hang in there... the most important to type in the file source correctly... after that its mostly click on things to complete the build. He at least puts the entire file source name on the screen so its easy to stop the video to enter it.

Here's another video by mchanga... she is pretty straightforward in her instructions. She seems to be staying on Kodi 17.6 since there have been issues (mine seems to work fine though... I had both builds for a while).

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Terrarium is what I got now, bro downloaded it for me. Makes Kodi seem ancient.