1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Very Simple: Get Romo or Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fullcourt, Jan 15, 2017.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Why is it that if anyone talks about any other team, not in a negative fashion, is automatically a massive fan of that team? I hate the Broncos probably more than any team outside the division...and Elway can suck my dick....so not sure what point you're trying to make. It's okay to be a Texans fan and not think that the Texans are the gold standard of the NFL.

marks0223 and Fullcourt like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never said you were a fan of the team, but by your own admission you follow them, watching nearly all of their games last season. I'm just saying keep watching. Now that the safety net of Kubiak is gone we'll see what happens.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I watch because...I live on the west coast, so my televised games are different than other regions...because I cap games, so I watch as much football as I can possibly fit into my schedule...and because my wife's family is a bunch of Broncos fans. I dont support that team at all, but Ive seen enough of them to tell you that Trevor has a solid arm, and any time he had any inkling of a pocket, he would throw with solid velocity and accuracy. If he can get the mental part down, his physical traits are there...and given his youth and inexperience, he had a good season.

4. Marteen

Marteen Member

I look at this Romo situation as neutrally as possible but can't help but think no one else but Jerry Jones would do something like this. Dude's ego is so big, it wouldn't surprise me if he just keeps Romo even with the cap hit. He's one of those "Think I won't?" type of guys. And to be honest, I say why not. If it works out, good for them. If not, have fun with your cap. I'll be having my popcorn ready with your QB controversy.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#1226 zeeshan2, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Tony Romo would destroy that locker room - not because he's a cancer by any means - but how would any of us handle being held hostage? He wants to play and he has loyalties within the team (think he and Witten aren't buddies?) - that's a recipe for disaster. Jones would be a fool to keep him around, moreso when you factor in the cap ramifications.

8. Marteen

Marteen Member

That's exactly what I want. I'd just watch while they destroy themselves from the inside.

9. Hey Now!

Yeah; but I'd rather NOT watch the Texans fumble through a season with Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden. I couldn't care less what the Cowboys do.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Jones is not keeping him. He's going to do what he can to get value out of him while there's nothing else going on in the league, but he's not going to completely go back on his word when it comes to granting Romo a chance to start elsewhere.

11. Hey Now!

I think the ramifications of Romo coming to Houston and leading the Texans to a Super Bowl finally slapped Jones in the face - that would be a TREMENDOUS pill for him to swallow and I can understand his reluctance to just hand him to us. He wants his pound of flesh.

12. Fullcourt

Agreed but there no doubt in my mind that Jones will make sure Romo is not a cowboy next year. He knows he owes him at least that and has stated as such. There's simply no motivation to get it done now, where there will be when players start reporting

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Well, here you go jurree....
    [​IMG]

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Fullcourt

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Fullcourt

This ish needs to happen already

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Fullcourt

Dammit Jerruh

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jerry Jones says deadline on Tony Romo decision is training camp. Says they've spoken in last couple days. He's doing great, has options.

Jerry wouldn't say if Romo has told him that he wants to play. But note this quote: "He's really doing great. He's got a lot of options."

To be exact: @AlbertBreer's question was whether it's important to get resolution on Romo at any point soon. Jerry: "Before training camp."

Jones said he's had "good communication" with Romo and will continue meeting with him "periodically over the next days and weeks ahead."

Basically, nothing's changed regarding Romo. But Jones says he feels comfortable with where they are regarding communication. On good terms.

_____________________________________________________________​

"There's no waiting game," Jones maintained to local reporters. "This is the offseason. We're not missing doing anything. From the standpoint of the franchise and the Cowboys, nothing is being held up here at all."

The benchmarks going forward are the start of OTAs (April 17), the draft (late April), the mandatory June mini-camp and the start of training camp in July. But "we don't have anything imminent that's pushing us," Jones said.

Jones didn't want to get into Romo's state of mind but stressed the lines of communication between the two are open and good.

"We're on great terms," Jones said. "But I certainly don't want to represent anything as to how he feels.

"But I feel good about how we're doing, we being the Cowboys, me and Tony. I feel very good about it."

What about that do-right rule Jones famously announced during the scouting combine in Indianapolis last month. Is that being adhered to in this process?

"Absolutely, yes, absolutely," Jones said. "I'm completely satisfied with how he's doing and I have no reason to believe he's not satisfied with how I'm doing."

Jones was asked if he's finally given up on the idea that Romo will return as this team's backup. His reply?

"No ship has sailed," Jones said. "No ship has sailed. It's just like it was when the season was over.

"There is no ship that has sailed as far as I'm aware of regarding his multiple opportunities."

Now, as they say in the movie industry, fade to black.​

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...e-talks-transpired-timetable-jerry-jones-says