1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Series] Colony

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CometsWin, Jan 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yea . . . Two episodes in and we have yet to see an Alien
    If that is the series . . . never seeing an Alien . . . I think I will be out

Rocket River

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sadly, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but that's why I'm not liking the show. LOL. Seriously, though... I've watched the first 2 episodes and stopped following during the 2nd one. It's on now as I type this. Just can't get into this for some reason. Maybe it's all the product placement crap... (hey, is that a Cadillac CTS they're showing from every angle that they want us to buy?! or Hey, did he just get some really expensive Sennheisers? Is that what he said they were? Expensive Sennheisers?). lol.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No sarcasm or Snark
    I think i need to see the Aliens
    Or they need to make it d*mn intriguing . . which they have not done

Rocket River

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm still hanging in watching the show. Episode two nearly sunk me but ep. three kept me in it. The assassination was ruthless, didn't see that coming. Hopefully we see some more action here soon enough. Still unclear on the aliens and the colony thing.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I freaking new it (check my post page 1). They were never going to show us these damn Aliens.

I would enjoy this show a lot more if they didn't tell us there were aliens. They tricked us and now it's distracting.

They shouldn't have told us who the invaders were at all going in. The audience would have just assumed it was some other country. Then they spring it on us in the season finale the invaders were aliens

I still kind of like it though even though it's paint by numbers when it comes to an occupation show.

Black dude is a bad ass assassin. I still don't think he is long for this world since he seems incapable if emoting.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Well I hung in with this show and actually liked it. Looks like there will be a second season I guess based on the previews at the end of the last episode.

I don't get why people need to see 'aliens' to make it enjoyable? I actually liked the suspense of not seeing them.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's distracting for genre fans. The only reason we were watching was because of the sci-fi element.

Even with lack of extraterrestrials or their motivations, this show was fun and I'm all in for season 2.

8. CometsWin

Yep, I enjoyed it. Definitely on board for season two.

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This show has been way better than I expected. Very good depiction of life under occupation. I think it was smart not to reveal the aliens and instead focus on the story.

10. body slam

body slam Member

I thought it was good not great, but I will tune in for season 2. I thought the build up of not seeing the aliens was good.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This show is fizzling fast.
    What is so fricking special about this family
    too many convenient things to save them .. . it is getting ridiculous

Rocket River

12. CometsWin

They never explained why the drone didn't zap them when they were climbing up the wall.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Then I was like. .. Why did the prison director NEED TO have the Teenage son escape

Rocket River

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought it was because he made a promise. The dude is kind of scummy but he has a weird code of honor.

15. CometsWin

Thursday's show might have been the best episode of the whole series. Glad I hung in there. Hopefully it keeps up.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Once I realized (in season 1) the "aliens" wouldn't be a focal point in this show, I was able to enjoy it. It's not great but I don't feel like I'm obligation watching.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The main family having bullet and laser proof plot armor takes alot out the show
    No matter what you know all of them are going to be ok . . . .just a matter what side character will fall on the sword for them for no reason.

Rocket River

18. CometsWin

I don't think USA is quite as edgy as AMC or Bravo. Although, thinking about it, there was that sci-fi show on TNT calling Falling Skies and it suffered the same problem with the leader's sons never getting killed.

19. body slam

body slam Member

Actually that was explained in one of the very first episodes. He was scanned when he joined the red hat police so the so the drones would recognize him as one of the cops.

DreamShook and CometsWin like this.
  20. likestohypeguy

Baby, you got a stew going.

C.W. cameo!