1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

TEXANS TRADE BROCK OSWEILER TO CLEVELAND BROWNS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

They argued all last year. O'Brien benched him. Wanted to bench him sooner. Osweiler sucked.

O'Brien isn't afraid to cut bait like McNair. I think O'Brien finally got more roster say.

Richie_Rich and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Eh, I don't buy that story.

Last year was the year everybody said O'Brien finally got his guys in place. His QB, his fast weapons, his RB, his te.

Now it's next year?

Never believed the leaks that he didn't want osweiler. Especially after he started him in the playoffs in the second round when savage was ready to come back.

Rocket River and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know what they plan on doing with him but they are paying a lot of money for him. Why would you pay a backup that much? Do they really think someone else will pay 16 million for him? I find the whole thing pretty bizarre, simply because his stats were horrible. I'm happy we can use that money for someone who can hopefully make a difference this year.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

They were outbid on Bouye...The Texans have some talent to pay for coming up next year..Bouye is a really good player and wish him well...but the Texans were gonna be out bid.

IN regards to the deal:
    Texans Out: Brock, Bouye, Demps, 2018 2nd round pick, 2017 6th round pick
    Texans in: 10 million in Cap Space, 2017 4th round comp pick, 2018 3rd round comp pick via Jags

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Not exactly.

We sold it for not just the cash, but the 10 mil cap space is huge.

Depends on your expectation, unless disaster strikes again, the Texan second round pick will most likely be around a middle round pick (9-7 season), while the Brown's 4th round pick is the top pick this year.

I said this team should fire both Rick Smith and Bob long time ago, but this trade is a great trade for this organization.

6. awc713

awc713 Member

Call me crazy, but take Mahomes in the 1st, let him learn while Romo has 2-3 years, and let him take over after that. Invest now in QBs and be done with it.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Vernon is the best.

Richie_Rich, PhiSlamma15 and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Again, the answer is in between. You were right- he wasn't cut. You were wrong- he's not going to be on the roster next year. I really don't care what anyone's opinion is or was- as long as Brock Lossfailure is no longer a Texan, it's all good.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

The salary cap is like $155 million.

They are rebuilding, so they don't care about taking a hit to the cap of $10 mil this year and I think $6 mil next year.

They can offer him for a very low pick and maybe take most of the hit

Teams shouldn't be screwing themselves so bad capwise that they are trading high picks to open space

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Exactly what I've been advocating for.

In fact, if this scenario plays out, it's exactly what I called for the Texans to do (including ditching Brock) a month or two ago.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just so weird when trolls jump on something happening that they didn't even think could happen in order to troll though. It's like how someone says that their house will make it through a hurricane only to have a meteor hit at the very end of the storm and people suggest that the person was wrong.

Oh well, we've let those simpletons derail the thread enough already by paying attention to them.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Brock couldn't be on this team next year so glad they got rid of him. One of the worst QBs I've ever seen. Need to draft a QB high in the draft finally this year.

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would kick the tires on Cutler and draft a QB.

14. Mr. Clutch

$10 mil in capspace really isn't all that much. Wouldn't even be enough to sign Bouye

I know it's critical for the Texans because they got themselves cap constrained, so I see the point

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

What did we really lose? We all know that Smith's second round picks are god awful.

Still riding an extreme high due to Brock being gone.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Just so we're all up to speed... if you call out the usual suspect for being as wrong as he always is... it somehow makes you a troll.

I honestly still can't believe how much this board has to stomach the vomit that has been spewed non-stop.

But, alas, you make enough wrong outlandish claims... and you post 9,000 times a day... it's bound to catch up with you.

TheRealist137 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  17. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

This is progress, we all were so frustrated with how patient McNair, Smith, and coaches were with QB's I think that this is progress, finally a little Back-of-House aggressiveness from our beloved losers.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For anybody thinking the Browns actually want Brock...

19. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

He's a very good blitzer as well. 99.9 percent of inside linebackers can't cover guys like Dion Lewis and James White in space.

20. jman255

jman255 Member

Did you just...say....fire the owner of the team?