1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEXANS TRADE BROCK OSWEILER TO CLEVELAND BROWNS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 9, 2017.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

Is there a downside for the Browns really?
    There aren't enough good FAs wanting to go there that they'd be able to use the cap space.
    And even if they do trade too many picks for Jimmy G or do something stupid from here on, that's not really relevant to this particular trade.

The only way its bad for Browns fans is if they are related to ownership and are somehow losing out on some money their way, lol.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

As much as some of you want to give credit to Rick Smith, this really looks to me like the Browns being creative and trying to stock picks. They're now trying to flip Osweiler for more picks. They probably weren't going to be able to use that cap space effectively anyway. This isn't a Rick Smith type trade, given his history.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. Major

Major Member

LOL. From ESPN:

Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has adjusted the Texans from 40-1 to 20-1 to win Super Bowl LII after trading away Brock Osweiler.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if they waste all of this on Jimmy G then it'll be a downside. Basically it's only good if they get something good out of this. It's like how the Rockets dumped KJ McDaniels for cap space and then did nothing with it. If the Browns do this for picks and then waste them on a guy like Jimmy G then this move won't be a positive for them.

Even then, I guess you could say that they did the right thing and just had it end poorly.

5. JoeyTexas254

JoeyTexas254 Member

What's the chance of the Texans trading for Cousins ? :D

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This kinda stuff never happens in the NFL. The Browns have 100 million in spending cash... This is a Basketball like GM move...

7. Nick

Nick Member

Figured the same nonsense would be spewed by the usual suspect... after his golden boy was literally paid more to go away.

Never have I seen more wrong hot takes ever. It's like pancakes is posting 9,000 times a day in here.

jev5555, Mr. Clutch and TheRealist137 like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL when did you turn into Mr. Clutch? You weren't always a mindless troll, but clearly that's the direction you've chosen to go.

At some point, I hope you realize how far you've fallen and you make an effort to return to being at least a halfway decent poster with something legitimate to say. I'm not holding my breath though.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Remember how he kept repeating that there is absolutely no way that Brock Osweiler won't be in a Texans uniform next year, so it's pointless to waste time even discussing prospective QBs? I guess Rick/O'Brien didn't think like that.

Fulgore likes this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Texans are such a joke. They will find a way to get someone worse than Brock. I don't trust management to make the right decision.

I still want to see some cuts being made.

DJboutit and Fulgore like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I said there was no way they'd cut him, they didn't. It's fun that you are essentially lying as part of your trolling. Be better.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Bouye will get you a comp 3rd next year

Richie_Rich and sugrlndkid like this.
  13. SC1211

SC1211 Member

I've gotta say, this is a great deal for the Browns. Osweiler sucks but they are gathering assets for the future.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is the first time the Texans front office publicly acknowledged that they f'd up...by trading Brock. That is a huge first step.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. Major

Major Member

No, you stated, probably dozens of times in numerous threads, that Osweiller would be on the roster next year. But it's not a big deal - you're wrong about virtually everything here, so this is no different than all your other posts.

16. liveguy

liveguy Member

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Dude is a clown.

Phillyrocket, RasaqBoi and mario_v like this.
  17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I don't t think they make this move without being really confident in their ability to get Romo... So I'm interested in seeing what the next domino is

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't expect anyone to trade for Osweiler, did you? I specified that the team wouldn't cut him and that I didn't see anyone trading for him.....you know, like how NO ONE thought that anyone would trade for him.

It's cool though, I get that trolls will be trolls and shouldn't be given as much attention as I'm giving them.

19. Major

Major Member

You realize that you not knowing or expecting something is not an excuse for anything, right? There's lots of things you don't know, which is kind of the point. You were wrong, as you virtually always are. If there are things you don't know, you shouldn't make definitive statements otherwise.

What you didn't expect is not that someone would trade for him - anyone will trade for something if you make it worth their time. What you missed is that the Texans would be willing to give up picks to get rid of him, because they disliked him that much. You misread just how bad he was for the franchise, and how far the team would go to remove him from the picture.

Richie_Rich, Phillyrocket and liveguy like this.
  20. ballgame

ballgame Member

So Rick gets NO LOVE? Last I checked, it takes two to tangle.

javal_lon likes this.