1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone use Kodi?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Jul 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

these boxes can display 4K viewing, but from your own media, these boxes don't support apps that have 4K content, ex, Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, etc....

it's misleading but anything to get a sale from these Chinese manufactured boxes...

VanityHalfBlack and ptR91 like this.
  2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

so i got the internet archive rom loaded onto the firestick anyone know how to get retroarch on the fire stick without a computer? if its even possible?

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

So my brother bought me this for Christmas along with a wireless/Bluetooth keyboard. No idea what to even do, I'm just opening it tonight.

ANDROID TV BOX -FULLY LOADED KODI / XBMC -FULLY UNLOCKED -WATCH ANYTHING

If it's a POS whatever. My only question right now. Will this stream ppv ufc fights or do I have to download an app for that?

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Not sure if you figured things out, but yes you'll be able to stream UFC PPVs. Some streams may be better than others though.

5. LonghornFan

Yup, I figured everything out and bought boxes for every TV in my place. Watched the UFC matches in crystal clear HD and use them to watch movies every weekend and The Grand Tour right now. Really, really love KODI!

Although that one my brother bought me was a POS. I returned it and got a refund. Amazon ended up taking it down off of their website so I went with these.

[​IMG]

The keyboard is a must have imo.

Two Sandwiches and LCAhmed like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

7. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

My son in law came over about 2 hours before the Rocket spurs game and installed Kodi apollo custom built of my fire tv box . I was able to watch the rocket stream and had my choice of Housto or Spurs broadcasters. It had 4 different crystal clear streams to watch. It was great not having to poke around so-so internet streams.

Told him if he and my daughter ever divorce I was keeping him.

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

9. LonghornFan

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

do you have a link of the ones you bought?

11. LonghornFan

Not for the exact ones as Amazon keeps taking the KODI preloaded ones down, so you gotta get 'em while you can. This one seems similar. 2GB RAM/ 16GB Storage with Android 6.0 and KODI 16.1, so it's updated. Dual band wireless for 2.5 and 5.0, 4K, Ultra HD and a Bluetooth for a keyboard. If I was buying now this is one I would probably buy.

https://www.amazon.com/NEXBOX-Octa-...22176&sr=8-23&keywords=android+tv+box+kodi+4k

Pics from my guest room, here's how the Home screen looks before adding any extra add ons or Netflix, etc.

[​IMG]

For Movie and TV, onto Exodus.

[​IMG]

ubigred and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. LonghornFan

Also this guy has some good info on how to set up, stream and even speed up your KODI if interested. Lots of videos with good information you might not be aware of.

ubigred and No Chance like this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Interesting this thread got bumped. I was reading it last night as I just installed Kodi on my phone and watched the Rockets last night on it.

I ordered a firestick on Amazon, but it's backordered till March. May cancel that and order one of these boxes you guys linked to.

On my way to cutting the cord, if the wife approves.

I'm off tomorrow. I'd love to get one of these and tinker with it. Do any stores sell these boxes? I can't find the fire stick anywhere.

#213 Two Sandwiches, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

What addon are you guys using to watch the Rockets?

JoeyTexas254 likes this.
  15. JoeyTexas254

JoeyTexas254 Member

I use Pro sport but the streams are almost never reliable :/

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

OK thanks. I'm going to probably get the one you recommended in the subsequent post.

One other thing, do you where I could get any of that sweet hair gel in your pic??

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What are some good add ons? I only know of Exodus.

19. famicom

famicom Member

Same with me, Exodus and Pro Sports to watch the Rockets (which have been pretty good to me lately)

Has anyone tried to use Kodi on their mobile phones? I installed it from the Play store but haven't really messed with it or configured it. Just wondering if it was possible or only working for the Amazon devices.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I have an old used HTC One (1st gen) that I installed Kodi on and purchased a $15 HDMI adapter to hook it up to my TV. It works perfectly and saves me from having to get a dedicated box or a amazon stick.