1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Harden's Clutch FT misses a concern?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo for 3mo, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Been a reoccurring issue throughout the season. Don't remember this really being a problem in the past. Is this in his head, or is he just more tired because of our pace of play?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

May be because he is a big fat horse.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Harden missed FT
    Kawhi game winning 3
    Kawhi game winning block

:eek:

4. atam

atam Member

What does this even mean? How do you judge the level of concern for this? This is one game. The level of concern should be focused on our team, how we can better manage the fast pace we usually come out of the gate with, protecting the ball, and having a backup plan in case the threes aren't dropping.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Harden is dat boi.

Ill roll wid it

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the game last night and can say that I think, in this particular instance, he was iced by the review. The refs took so much time reviewing whether or not it was a blocking foul on David Lee that Harden got thrown off of his rhythm. Nobody around me could figure out what they were reviewing (aside from Spurs fans yelling "His feet were set!" when he was clearly still sliding over).

Daddy Long Legs and Stormy1234 like this.
  7. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Fat Keith Jones

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has been missing FTs late in games more often recently, maybe he is tired?

DD

10. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

This has happened several times this season. I don't have the time to do a bunch of research just something I've noticed.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

swayyguy instantly creaming his diapers

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Is it? Maybe the pain makes it easier to remember the few misses vs all the makes.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not really. Kawhi missed free throws down the stretch in that Spurs win at Toyota Center a few months ago. And he's a 90% foul shooter. It happens. I do wish Harden was better at technical foul shots. Not sure why he misses so many of those. Maybe he's a better shooter at the foul line after drawing contact.:D

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

It's a concern. You would hope that your best player would shoot free throws at a better percentage in the final minutes of a tight game. It's a concern.

15. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

In fact all of his stats are worse...

17. hakeemthagreat

No. His TURNOVERS are the biggest concern. I can understand mistakes made while being aggressive. But Harden's turnovers are him walking up the court throwing the ball to nobody within 10ft of the damn ball. These turnovers are momentum changers and change the whole course of the game within seconds. Until he stops doing these lazy azz turnovers we'll never be a true contender

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, that's what needs to stop. The unforced errors. Off a turnover or a missed shot, I can understand if you wanna try the touchdown pass if someone's open. But far too often off of a made shot, he carelessly throws the ball 50 feet downcourt to a teammate surrounded by defenders. These aren't even 50/50 plays. They're easily picked off and usually lead to scores at the other end. Why D'Antoni hasn't pulled him aside and told him to cut it out is beyond me. And I don't wanna hear that it's because he's trying to speed up the game. Cuz Harden routinely walks the ball up and barely makes it past midcourt before getting an 8 second violation.