1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley having #1 Rebounding Year EVER for player 6'1" or shorter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 2, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good thing Westbrook isn't 6'1.

D-rock, Jayzers_100 and DonKnock like this.
  2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

And yeah we'll pretty much never recoup the value he brings to the team in a trade. however if we can get like a DeMarcus Cousins I'd definitely trade him while his value is sky-high. Ideally we'd have like a Irving or Westbrook as our guard next to Harden.

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Any superstar next to Harden mostly would be good as long as they don't clash but one of those guards wouldn't be the best choice. We have some decent guards. If we landed a Westbrook or Irving I would just use them as trade assets for a rebounding big or a dominate forward. Replace Ariza for Leonard and the s*** would get serious real fast.

4. CallMeTheDream

Avery Bradley is listed as 6'2 so technically he doesn't qualify

Jayzers_100, Richie_Rich and DonKnock like this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

He has always tracked the ball well, especially on the offensive end.

Rockets:
    #1 Moses Malone
    #2 Elvin Hayes
    #3 Larry Smith
    #4 Charles Barkley
    #5 Hakeem Olajuwon
    #6 Dikembe Mutombo
    #7 Dwight Howard
    #8 Otis Thorpe
    #9 Chuck Hayes
    #10 Yao Ming
    #11 Luis Scola
    #12 James Harden
    #13 Clyde Drexler
    #14 Robert Reid
    #15 Rudy Tomjanvich
    #16 Omer Asik
    #17 Scottie Pippen
    #18 Kelvin Cato
    #19 Tracy McGrady
    #20 Caldwell Jones

6. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I
    I think it's a combination of his quickness and awareness.

7. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

The ESPN only 3rd guy to do 17/7/6 blah blah blah, so what about a guy that does 22/6/6?

ESPN just looks for narratives

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

#4 on the real list. testament to how bad our bigs are at rebounding other than capela

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i hate PER 36 stats....i came in here to see a stat about his actual average

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I like Beverley, but until last night I love him, seriously. This guy truly loves the game, he plays and enjoys the game. The trash talking he does is for fun, at the end of the game you can see him schmoozing with his enemy. Bullard asked him about having have the most rebounds for his team last night, of course Beverley was dumbfounded he didn't know. He clearly doesn't play for stats, I hope he stays as long as Harden. If he was Ryno's height, he could of been Dennis Rodman, high energy and doesn't give a damn about what you think. Rockets true #2 player.

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fat Lever was listed at what, 6' 2" - 6' 3" ?

Pipe likes this.
  13. Roxs-Redemption

If we have traded him for Shumpert I would have fainted.

Jayzers_100 and DonKnock like this.
  14. threepointshot3

This guy needs to be given another extension.After the Harden raping of the Thunder deal, this might be Morey's best move finding this guy somewhere in Russia. Modern day Vernon Maxwell without the off the court issues

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

First off, need bev/Lou flexing gif. Second off we need a bev power forward and we would be unstoppable

DonKnock likes this.
  16. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I was down on Bev last year only because it seemed like he got paid and lost some of that fire that makes him the player he is, but he has completely turned it around this season. I love his "started from the bottom & now I'm here" story. I hope he retires a Rocket because he exemplifies what this team should be about!

Richie_Rich, photojoe and CDrex like this.
  17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

my co worker (Spurs fan) thought it would be a good idea for the Rockets to trade him for Iman Shumpert. Never wanted to punch someone so bad.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Love his grit hustle and determination. He's getting back to his Mr. 94ft days and pestering the opposing PG. I just need him to hit a few more 3s, arch on your shot Bev, arch!!!

DonKnock likes this.
  19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I love his heart, hustle, passion and Energy. He is a player well beyond the stats. The number of KEY offensive rebounds he grabs, the odd steal here or there down the stretch. Often are not recognized by box score impact but they are big plays.

Besides that he is a vocal leader of this team and stands up for the team. No one faces him. He will go against any player. Doesn't give a **** about reputation or what others around the league think of him. He ain't there to make friends.

I loved the way he reacted to 7'2" or whatever DeAndre Jordan. Bev is a small man with a big heart. DJ is a big dude on the outside but a p***y on the inside.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

Forget that. If Russell Westbrook had the heart and soul of Bev, the unselfish attitude, and if I actually liked him, then he would be Patrick Beverley v2.

Richie_Rich and Pen15clubber like this.