1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Harden needs to be better

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't understand why he wants to play slow though?

What's the advantage?

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Going to refer Harden haters to this:

I think the only facts that needs to be considered is that no player, no matter how good they are, is perfect and no player plays the exact same level of play the entire season, their are peaks and valleys.

So for the people who do understand these facts it gets ****ing annoying to hear b**** about the little things non stop when the bigger picture is if you are trying to win basketball games it's hard to do better than Harden, flaws and all.
    -jordnnnn

3. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

The truth is people like you almost never talk about Harden's flaws so someone like me has to. BTW, Harden's flaws are not 'little things'. Streaky shooting, turnovers, and defense --> These are huge flaws. And the Rockets have won many games this season not solely because of Harden. We have one of the best second unit in the game. That's just a fact.

4. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

And there are still people who does nothing BUT praise Harden. So people like me are justified to exit. End of story.

Shroopy2 likes this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Stupid ass logic. There are people in the world who does nothing but good deed, so people that rape/kill/steal are justified to exist. End of Story.
    One group of people doesn't justified creation of another. KKK shouldn't exist b/c there are black people. Don't wave the flag that u HAD to be a Hater to counter Harden fans, dumb logic.

U a hater cause u can't stand that we have a superstar for once, always want to rock the boat for attention.

6. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

Stupid ass logic.

When a human being is a mixed bag of positive and negative qualities, and if people only talk about positive qualities, the natural response is to emphasize the negative aspect of that human being to balance things out. Just common sense.

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

What crow is harden going to serve exactly? People who don't like his style of play are always vindicated by his playoff record. So in essence, we serve crow to him at the end of the year, not the other way around. (Even the WCF year when he rode Dwight's jockstrap, and was benched in an elimination game to see his team come back and win.)

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I wish you would have posted this earlier so I knew what I was dealing with beforehand. So because someone else is completely wrong, it is your job to also be completely wrong on the other side to balance it out? Awesome logic. I personally feel a lot better though.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

So you're actively rooting for the Rockets to fail so you can be right about Harden? Interesting.

10. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

Stupid ass logic.

Harden 'homers' are not wrong per se, but only partially true. So I'm just contributing another piece to the whole puzzle that people like you miss out on.

And yes, when the goal is to reach 50 and you are at 100, you are correct to add -50, if you know what I mean.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So how for ****s sake does this guy keep getting voted as a top 10 MVP in every season as a Rocket?

If his positives did not absolutely dwarf his negatives he would not be regarded as highly as he is league wide.

And I have yet to find someone arguing with you that our strong bench hasnt helped us win more games this year. But it's fact that Harden has meant more to winning then the next 4-5 best guys on our roster combined.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i mean honestly, it wasn't like that at first. But I got tired of being told that I was wrong, and called so many names around here (not by you). Ya i'll admit it, there is definitely some satisfaction when you end up being proven right after these arguments. It's human nature man. Would I rather see these guys win? sure. I'll hang it up on this forum after this season, but i'm dug in now..........

13. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

Did I ever say Harden was not a good player? His positives definitely outweigh his negatives, that's for sure. But dwarf? that's up to interpretation. To start, Harden hasn't had any meaningful playoff success yet; even the 2014-15 WCF run was heavily supported by Dwight and the bench unit, especially against LAC.

We are +5.0 when Harden sits on the bench. That would be 4th best overall, and probably the best among all the 2nd units around the league.

#173 brewer's goat, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Chris Paul is one of the best point guards of all time.

I guess, as you would put it, has had no meaningful playoff success.

Still one of the best point guards of all time.

15. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

One of the best 'regular season' point guards of all time =/= One of the best of all time.

Playoff performance does matter. Actually, a lot.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

In the last three games, Rockets guard James Harden is shooting .341 percent from the field and .269 from three-point range. The MVP candidate, however is still averaging 12 assists, 11 free throw attempts and 5.3 rebounds per game in same time span. Harden's offensive rating is 116 last three games.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0628371703977742801-4

heypartner likes this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

At least you admit it. Your rocket fandom is gone

18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

nah man. my support of the harden-led rockets is over. I don't like him, and I don't like the brand of basketball he plays. I have watched damn near 82 games a year since 2007.

I will be a rockets fan for life. My fandom will never be gone.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why would a Rockets fan focus on a Rocket player's downsides only?

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He doesn't want to play slow. He just wants to get to point A and then point B. :D

Mr. Clutch likes this.