1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: On debut of Lou Williams and Rockets deadline-day trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Lou, 2 open roster spots, 30 pt win, AND a podcast? Wow. Moar blessings.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Thanks for the Podcast. Will listen later, will definitely recommend.

Good trade deadline overall for the Rockets.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Can't wait to listen

DonKnock likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, can't wait. I think this was Moreys best deadline ever.

Listening to this makes you a better more knowledgeable Rox fan.

DD

#6 DaDakota, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Disappointed Larry Sanders wasn't discussed in options to bring in at the C spot!

Did like discussion of potential D-League or overseas signing:)

roslolian likes this.
  8. txn

txn Member

DD, Sorry to ask you this again, as you were mad that we should spent 7+M at DMo instead of keeping the option open and strike later on. So what do you think about that move now, do you agree or still disagree? ;)

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I have about 11 minutes left to listen to. Have to walk into a meeting at work:eek:

So far, so good as always.

Great listen. Curious to see if Morey uses the capspace that was created. I tend to agree with Clutch that I don't think Bogut will come here. I'm wondering if anyone will be bought out that was not traded and would be useful to the team.

I know I'm more than ready for this stretch run.

#9 mikol13, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  10. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

11. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Adding a proven scorer should keep the scoreboard ticking and help minimise those offensive lulls that's been an on-going topic here. Is it good enough to go toe to toe with the heavyweights and win four play-off series? We have a puncher's chance, all going to plan.

12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Thanks @Clutch and @BimaThug! Great stuff!

Who would have ever thought this would have been such an awesome season after last year's disaster?

don grahamleone and DonKnock like this.
  13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excellent podcast @BimaThug & @Clutch.

Honestly, I feel like the moves to "create cap space" was the last resort/fall back option and am disappointed they weren't able to get their target on trade deadline day. Loved the addition of Lou Williams. Am fine with moving the 1st round pick because we move off of Brewer's contract and have team control of Lou for another year.

It will be interesting to see what the Rocket can do on the buyout market. I have to be honest, I am not a Bogut fan. And I would have a hard time rooting for him. I realize the skillset and if the Rockets got him, I guess I would hold my nose if he helps the team win.

I wonder if Aaron Afflalo gets bought out in Sac. He would be good wingman addition.

I certainly would entertain looking at D-league prospects or Foreign prospects to sign them up cheap. From the Vipers there is JP Tokoto who is kind of KJ-esque. And of course you mentioned Gary Payton II. In the Foreign market, could the Rockets revisit Gentile?

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Another great "Dave and David Show!" I'm intrigued by the $3.5 million in cap room you guys discussed In the final few minutes. I'm not sure what Morey will end up doing, but I'll be surprised if that cap space isn't dipped into in the not too distant future.

16. tarantula

tarantula Member

I really liked speaking about buy outs too. And potential d league signings and that we can make them to sign for year contract. But if i got it right, if we don't sign anyone, we will have 3.5 mil trade exception? That everything is amazing, how many options Mauri have

Francis3422 likes this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

My man....exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't oppose Bogut, as he would provide us the ability to counter the Gasols and Aldridge but that almost feels like trying to play to their game. We might be better off going full scale bombs away...forcing them to adjust to us.

I'm now full on board with Afflalo if he agrees to a buyout. 50% from the corners and a vet that knows what to do. Maybe not the defensive wing we all wanted, but he provides some versatility and depth. We need to give up on trying to find an Ariza-like backup....not gonna happen.

Like Tokoto and Payton. Don't see Gentile...hasn't lived up to the hype (most drafted in the 50s don't, so no big deal).

Deuce likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Gentile is under contract anyway so i don't think he can come right now.

Deuce likes this.
  19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Sanders is trash, it's over for this dude. He's an 'Andrew Bynum' headcase. I didn't really like basketball just played it because I grew so tall type of person..and I got me some money ...

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

*Notes that Liberon makes jokes about mental illnesses*