1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins traded to Pelicans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Feb 19, 2017.

1. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

I was hoping that Cousins would get traded. As a Rockets fan, I'm not happy this happened in our division. As a basketball fan, I like that it is spicing up the league. For now, it's a Warriors, Spurs, and Cavaliers dominated league. This trade gives the Pelicans potential to be a future dynasty. I was actually hoping the Suns would scoop Cousins...that would have been a monster team. Cousins, Chriss, Bender, Booker, Bledsoe...but this will do just fine.

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Member
    Supporting Member

That's a good point. But, (1) that was a different game and (2) they usually finished the game at center.

I think Davis is best on the post and him playing the five forced him to play there. Now with Cousins planting himself down low, Davis will become a perimeter player. That will reduce his ability to draw fouls either on post ups or drives. I don't like it and figure it will be difficult to maximize the impact of Davis and Cousins.

On paper, they find a way to make it work, they become matchup nightmares, they force teams to play big, and they make the playoffs...

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

With no bigs to speak of GS is in trouble. That being said Davis and Cousins will need time to figure things out and on top of that they have shitty role players other than jrue.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Pelicans should try as many 3 pt shooting free agents as they can. Even the dleague. They should try jimmer fredette too. Surround that team with shooters.

Yaosthirdleg and javal_lon like this.
  5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Both DMC and AD can be good defenders if they are fockased

6. McNultyisDrunk

LOL....can't do this trade in 2K17.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Member

LOL

Someone needs to photoshop that message to say; Vlade Divac, GM (Kings): DeMarcus Cousins is someone we consider untouchable. The only way I accept a trade for him is if I'm blown away and this one doesn't do that. Trade accepted, thank you.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

They have Porzingis for the future and they were able to assemble a decent roster on paper with Melo + Rose.
    Nets have Jeremy Lin and Brook Lopez; no picks.
    Kings have the tears of their loyal fanbase; picks that will be wasted by their incompetent FO.

9. Codman

Codman Member

Tyreke's already whispering(this type of whispering is intentional) to friends that he won't do the Sacramento thing again with a smile.

...Not known to be a bad locker room guy, but not pleased to be where some rough years took place. He'll say the right things while he waits for some sort of accommodation.

Kings: Y'all hate him, but Matt Barnes will play again unless his legal situation takes over. I've met him through a few of his charity events. He's a good guy, but his emotions are powerful (understatement?). He still plays at a decent level at his age. Hoping he joins a contender.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    The expectation now is that New Orleans makes the playoffs. Yes, it's mid-season, but with that talent in the post, there's no excuse to move up a few games. "Brow and Boogie," "BoogieDown Brow" "BB Gun" o_O will be TERRIFYING if they play together for a few years. We've got electrifying line-ups with combinations of guards/small forwards BUT it has been a long damn time since 2, offensively and defensively-talented BIGS, have been the one-two punch. I'm trying to think of the most recent model of 2 bigs, but I can't...I can go way back, or even look at Hakeem and Chuck...but Boogie and Anthony may be the most talented duo of big men I've seen together in more than a decade....

But, they better be careful. As much as I despise the entire organization, it would not surprise me to see the Dallas Mavs fight for that last playoff spot.

They've had a horrendous season, but out of the bottom-dwellers, they have the veteran leadership to put some games together in the end and fight for another breath. I haven't compared schedules, but Dirk surely got some rest, Harrison is solid, WesMatthews will compete and their coach (while despicable earlier this season) is undercover-brilliant, possibly the most intelligent coach in the league outside of Pops.

I'm rooting for these Birds (and these Birds to give/ facilitate FreeBirds), but the Mavericks are nasty enough to get it together, while Cuban froths at the mouth during his constant #KeyboardWarrior moments.

#469 Codman, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well you are wrong the Rox can't beat that offer. Stop obsessing about draft position? The diff between lotto pick and 2nd rounder isnt just due to draft position, its like a whole new level. And this draft is loaded, a low 1st rounder from us vs a 15th pick is a huge difference because you can still get a near star at 15 and lower but at 25th you can only get one if everybody screws up.

I don't think it was a terrible haul for the Kings, if you consider Cousins he is worse than KG, Pau Gasol, and Love but the package they got was comparable. An expiring, a prospect and a top pick in a loaded draft. Sure it could be better but for example Grizz traded away a prime all star for an expiring and a low 2nd rounder in Marc Gasol. Sure Marc blew up but that was just a coincidence, if Lakers thought Marc was gonna be good then they would have kept him and traded Bynum instead to the Grizz. That'd be like Mavs getting Steph Curry for an expiring and Seth Curry.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Tha_Dude likes this.
  12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Member

[​IMG]

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Those are "I lost $30M" tears.

heypartner and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yep and if he leaves it'll be a bigger loss.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Sacramento isn't even guaranteed a lotto pick. New Orleans is fighting for the playoffs now. The pick can be anywhere from 9-16, probably towards the latter end considering how they've gotten better since their 1-9 start, Holiday is healthy, and they've added Cousins. You keep saying lotto pick, but it's not like a top five pick like they should have gotten. We had the 14th pick in the lotto three straight years and that was purgatory.

Love netted Minnesota Wiggins. KG landed them Al Jefferson, multiple young players, and two 1st round picks. Those are good hauls for a tough situation. The Grizzlies were heavily panned for the Pau trade at the time. You're right in that they got lucky that Marc turned out the way he did. The first two situations aren't even comparable to the Cousins situation. They probably got the best packages they could.

We got the same kind of pick for DMo last year coming off of a back surgery. We got a guaranteed, not likely, guaranteed draft pick for Kyle Lowry. Divac even admitted that he had better offers just last week and is now blaming Cousins' agent. That's weak. Why not keep negotiating until the deadline? Why not wait until the draft to see if you can pry a pick from Boston? See if the Lakers end up keeping their pick or not? This is a disgrace on his part. Maybe the owner forced him to take this trade, I don't know.

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

...you forgot, Motiejunas.

18. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Boogie isn't faking that, he did so much for that community and for the kids. He didn't want to leave, he loved that city.

heypartner and Yung-T like this.
  19. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Davis is a pure 5 in his game.

20. BackdoorHarden

That's how goood DMO IS!!! DMO was worth the same draft pick Sac got for cuz.
    Or morey is a genius and vlade is dumb