1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets looking at Wilson Chandler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Brewer+KJ+1st rounder might get your Chandler.
    You could also do Brewer+Harrell.
    Stuff like that.

But yeah, I don't think the Rockets would be able to get BOTH WC and DG without ripping at the core

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sometimes (rarely) I feel like the organization knows it wont pull anything awe inspiring off, so instead, they create leaks or small trades specifically to appease the fanbase to give the illusion we tried, like when we added Gerald Green or Josh Smith (the 2nd time). Not sure if this is that, but... it kind of feels like it.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think that Wilson Chandler is the all world defender some seem to think he is, however he is long and quick and overall is a good defender. If you put him on the floor with Ariza and Beverley, you have the passing lanes covered and probably are overall a top 1/3 defensive team with those three on the floor, even if you have Harden and Anderson or Capela on the floor. Chandler is also better defensively than his advanced stats because with him and Ariza on the floor, you have insulated the average to below average guys we have on the floor.

Chandler is very capable of defending 3 to 4 positions on the floor in the modern NBA. When teams go small, he does defend some 5's and he can cover shooting guards for a short period of time.

The issue I have with Chandler is that he isn't a very good offensive player. He is not an especially good shooter, he doesn't create and while he doesn't kill you from 3, you would rather someone else on the perimeter shoot the ball. The hope with a guy like Chandler is that he offensively thrives in our system by rolling to the basket and finishing off all the attention Harden gets. That would GREATLY improve his efficiency. I don't have the data in front of me, but it is also possible that Chandler shoots well on uncontested threes. In our system he will get plenty of those. If both points are true, then you have added a better and more athletic version of Trevor Ariza. Having a guy like Chandler working on the defensive end would also help Harden concentrate on what his primary responsibility is; be the most dominant offensive player in the NBA.

4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Gallo and Chandler would be about 27 million dollars in cap. Would be impossible to only give up Harrell and Brewer

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i think teams would be willing to pay Gallo +$15 mil fairly easily. 28 yr old. 6'10 wing that can shoot/score and play the 4 in small ball situations

bulkatron likes this.
  6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Does...does th...does this mean....does this mean Corey Brewer is almost out of our lives?

Don't you dare tease me

Moleb, Rox11, Crashlanded19 and 3 others like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wilson Chandler would also be very good with defensive switches.

BigMaloe and Nook like this.
  9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

LETS GO!!!!!!!!

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

No chance to get him and rarely we get the players that make the rumor mill. It will take a core guy to get Chandler, so expect Ariza / Capela to go IF Morey really feels the guy makes that much difference.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Doubtful Rockets get Chandler

12. Nook

Nook Member

He is very good at defensive switches and he thrives as a team defender. He could make a big difference for the Rockets on the defensive end. Having two long guys on the court together than also always make the proper switches can wreck havoc on teams.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyler Ennis for Wilson Chandler. Let&#39;s go Denver, yall owe us a favor because we took Brock away from ya&#39;ll.</p>&mdash; hoesay (@JoseWorldPeace) <a href="">January 5, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Nook

Nook Member

Probably true.

The Nuggets are very difficult to trade with, Chandler in under contract beyond this year and Denver is in the playoff race.

However, at some point they will have to make the decision to rebuild.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

good offense is the best defense

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Btw both Chandler and Gallo already played (and pretty well) for MDA.

DonKnock, RocketWalta and Deuce like this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah its not like they would lose him for nothing this summer. I said in another post, unless we offer up something like Dekker + Harrell + a pick then its not likely, but we'd also have to include Brewer's contract, and that makes it even less likely. Denver will be adding too many players to their roster, let alone forwards.

Rocketman7 likes this.
  18. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Guys, No way we get Chandler without giving them Dekker,

19. Nook

Nook Member

I don't really see a problem with dealing Dekker if you get Wilson Chandler back.

James Harden is 27 years old, the window is NOW.

If the Rockets think that Chandler is an important cog, then they need to let Dekker pack his bags.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, the fact the Gallo (which plays the same spot/s) is probably gone anyway makes me think they would ask a good package for Wilson, Juancho looks very interesting but he's very young and i'm not sure they want to start him right now so, they kinda need a solid 3, which is why i think they may not be so willin to part with Chandler yet...unless they get a pretty good package obviously.