1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

K.J.' Benching Has NOTHING To Do With His Performance!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 15, 2017.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I feel bad for you ABS, these cats on here are savages! I like KJ's game and ability to defend. Not sure about his bball IQ, however, could they at least give him the opportunity to get some of Brewer's minutes and I'm a Gator!

ABS likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Frankly, brewer is just a better defender than KJ at this point. Both man to man and team ...and brewer is a shitty team defender.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

ABS for coach and GM! maybe even star player!!!!

I heard hes played team ball before.

Forget morey, dantoni, and harden. We got this guy!

justtxyank likes this.
  4. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Worst thread starter ever. Cangrejero is waiting for you in the Astros Forum.

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Man please stop the KJ threads. You aktin like KJ is a really good player that MDA and Morey just doesn't like. He has had chances to show some consistency and he has yet to do that. Still has not improved his shot or his handles to fit in this offense. A couple of alley-oop dunks in pre-season and early in the season just don't move the needle enough. I hope we can find a deal to package him in and let him have shot with another team. Nobody's mad at KJ, it's just not working out for him here.

NO MORE KJ threads ABS.

Richie_Rich and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

The backup qb is usually the most popular guy in town lol. Thats kjs situation in a nutshell right now.

Anybody remember terrance williams?

photojoe likes this.
  7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Don't be shocked to see KJ traded

8. hakeemthagreat

Lol. Brewer & KJ aren't close to being the same player or having the same skillset. Brewer is pure energy with no real athleticism. KJ is a energy player, with more agility, speed & overrall athleticism than Brewer. The main knock on KJ is his shot. But from what I saw early in the season he worked on his 3pt shot enough to make it respectful.

Bottom line, Brewer sucks and doesn't need to play. For reasons unknown to man, Brewer is allowed to play HORRIBLE during stretches without consequences from the coach. Give KJ Brewer's minutes and he has shown he'll produce at a better rate. But Corey's contract won't allow this

9. alethios

alethios Member

Look, BJ, you blew it with DMo, so stop trying shove KJ down our throats.

topfive likes this.
  10. 1Deep

1Deep Member

When KJ gets in during garbage time where there is no pressure and the outcome of the game has already been decided what does he do?

Does he look better (more skilled) than anyone else on the floor at that time? The answer is NO. He sucks even when he can play freely without the pressure of thinking one of his various mistakes could cost us the game.

You're a KJ fan I get it, but If you think KJ taking Brewer's minutes would make some big difference in our win/loss total you're a delusional KJ fan.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

ABS likes this.
  12. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

KJ is a Martyr. Just like he said the guy who killed all the Dallas cops was....

Moving on.

SuperKev likes this.
  13. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I'm sorry op, I didn't know you were a nba scout that had seen KJ playing at a higher level than Brewer to warrant playing time. I would think that you would have some actual proof that in practices he is outplaying others and as a result must be some kind of conspiracy against him. You must obviously see something that a coach with years of nba experience and coaching a two time MVP and a leading MVP candidate can't see. With all of your ability to see this I don't know why you have time to even post in here because every GM must be calling to get your opinion.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

Lol. You're judging him off a few minutes of 1 out of 10 games where virtually NOBODY is interested in playing. I'm looking at his time in the preseason games, and early in the season where he virtually OUTPLAYED Corey Brewer.

PS. I'm NOT a KJ fan.I'm a basketball fan who watches every aspect of the game outside of boxscores and garbage time minutes

ABS likes this.
  15. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I'll leave it at this. Look back over the pages of this thread. You and the OP are virtually the only two people on here who think KJ should be playing. That's not a coincidence.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

This thread is worse than Kj's shot.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

If you're labeling me a KJ fan. Then this automatically makes you all fans of Corey Brewer?

ABS likes this.
  18. ABS

ABS Member

This is a gotdamn lie I ever heard in my life as a diehard fan of the Rockets! You clearly do not know Morey, man. That dude sees players as properties and movable assets. Your feelings and humanity be damned with him unless you're a Superstar talent like Harden.

And this notion that K.J. is not a "team player" ----- hahaha! Are you even a Rox fan? Do you even watch Rox basketball? K.J. is the ULTIMATE TEAM PLAYER. At times, he is too unselfish.....something the Coaches like JBB felt irritated by when K.J. is a bit too unselfish.

But I like his unselfishness. JBB was just a bonehead, dumb-a** Coach. That's why his butt is back as an Assistant and not a Head Coach. But I tell you who's selfish:

- S. Dekker
    - R. Anderson

No doubt about it! Two of the most selfish players (Ariza is the other one). And you'd know they're selfish by how poorly a Passer they are. Or how much they don't pass the ball. And all 3 of them are below-average Passer.

Ariza don't even know the difference between a hard pass and a soft pass. He could be a 2 ft. from the basket and see Capela cutting in from the baseline and throw a bullet pass like....."wtf, Ariza?? Soften up that pass when you're that close to the basket, man!"

And Anderson would rather fight through 3 defenders when he is one-dimensional joke than hitting a teammate sitting at the 3 point line, wide open. Anderson will not pass it.

Dekker is too gotdamn young to even have the word "pass" in his vocabulary let alone, his undeveloped basketball I.Q.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

you have no idea what you're watching if you just labeled dekker and anderson and even ariza as selfish. get outta here with this nonsense. what a trash post

ABS likes this.
  20. ABS

ABS Member

You do know garbage minutes for K.J. is like 2 minutes of play time after sitting through 3 3/4 quarters and expected to be a hot-hand once he's on the floor to close out the game?

Try seeing how the Starters start off the games by MISSING 3 to 4 times before they get in their ryhthm.

Have mercy for K.J. man. He's not perfect like Yahshuah. He never said he could walk on water after sitting on a rock for some time.

#60 ABS, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017