1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump doesn't plan to step down when he loses in 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's setting himself up to stay in power in 2020 and perhaps beyond.

1. Media lies
    2. The voting system is a fraud

Therefore, Trump will win in 2020 and when the media opposes him, they are lying anyway so he really won.

He will not relinquish the presidency. This is his plan and he's setting the stage for that move now.

Or rather, Bannon is setting the stage for it.

IBTL and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where is this tweet?

Looking forward to the Meryl Overrated Streeps vs. Trump tweet wars.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

More writing from our favorite fantasy author, SW42. I swear I've seen this same exact post except with a different year posted on nov 7 of last year.

Corrosion and Dei like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Why is pushing the voter fraud narrative so important to Trump? He beat that drum hard when he thought he was going to lose. Why is he beating that again after the election? Looking fwd to 2018 and 2020? Ego - can't lose the popular vote? Both?

I guess we'll know and the picture will be clearer when this WH propose means to fight this made-up voter fraud narrative. The GOP has shamelessly suppress voters for their advantage and I'm afraid this WH will push that to an extreme level.

VooDooPope likes this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Sweet Lou you need to go for a walk and relax

Corrosion and Nook like this.
  6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Trump won't even run in 2020. Take a chill pill and hold your breath for the next 2 years until he becomes a lame duck.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Chill pill? I am just making an observation to me that's pretty obvious.

I am not sure if a dem congress will do much. He has shown the ability to break all rules. I doubt he will cooperate with the dems or an impeachment verdict.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It isn't "obvious" to everyone Trump will run for re-election as a 74 year-old. I doubt it very much.

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@Sweet Lou 4 2 needs professional help

Bobbythegreat and Space Ghost like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Sweet Lou is hilarious.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

New Yorker = Conservative troll clown
    Sweet Lou = Liberal troll clown

Third time's the charm?

13. jsingles

jsingles Member

This thread is an embarrassment.

Dei likes this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I also suspect you're right.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yeah yeah, you know it's funny when i first posted that Putin and Trump were in communications early last year, the same people reacted the same way. Now it turns out that our intelligence agency isn't sharing intel with Trump because they think he's been compromised by the Kremlin. Neither are our allies sharing intelligence with us anymore.

I think you're sadly misunderestimating the direness of the situation. Bannon was always the hero of the alt-right, and they were never terribly committed to democracy.

IBTL likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

I'm not sure he'll even finish out this term.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When that crazy little kid goes full potato, he really goes for it. That's probably the sole reason he didn't end up on ignore sooner, I mean he's always been pretty much the worst of the worst when it comes to the D&D but the unintentional comedy every time he posts was enough that I kept him around for the longest time.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think Trump will finish the one term no matter what. If any actions are taken to remove him, I believe the great patriot Trump would take the entire country down with him.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

A second term will depend on his health. Unfortunately, he's the most healthy president we've ever had. But who knows what will happen in 4 years. If he's feeling his age, he may not run. If he still feels robust, I think he does. Bernie ran and he's 75.

Assuming Congress hasn't run Trump out before then.

Now, I don't think this is all a plan to usurp power in 4 years. I think it is doing some groundwork to create a plausible basis to challenge elections that are a close miss. They can try it in 2018 and in 2020. But, for real sustainable undue electoral advantage, he needs his state-level allies to change election law with voter suppression mechanics like voter id, aggressive purging of voter rolls, etc. Claiming voter fraud this election drives the state-level changes so things can be in place before 2020 such that marginalized people will be turned away at polls. He won't have to deny the veracity of the election because the voters will be curated before we get there. This is a strategy Republicans started pursuing before Trump even showed up. But, obviously he thinks its a great idea.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

In other countries, an elected leader will often shout about voter fraud and a rigged system for years until the next election. In the meanwhile they attempt to curry the support and favor of those groups with ties to the military, police, and any armed groups.

Nothing like that going on here. So, really what the Democrats ought to do, is not negotiate with Trump at all and definitely not attempt to PROVE HIM WRONG about voter fraud, and instead remain steadfastly antagonistic and decisive. This will win them the support of the people, while Trump can only claim the Second Amendment(,) people.

IBTL likes this.