1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Sanders, anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wewerse Psychowogy!

2. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Dan Fegan hates us, right?

3. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Don't remind me of this. Beasley got traded for tyler ennis. Do you know how much we could use beasley right now?

DonKnock likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is no need to be desperate. Forget about him.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

How is working out a player desperate?

DonKnock likes this.
  6. saleem

His erratic behavior history and long absence from the game, isn't going to be helpful for a team that needs to be a true contender in the playoffs. We had too many problems last year, and we don't need that again.

RudyTBag and arabrocket like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i say we make an unofficial appointment with sanders for a workout, then not even bother showing up. so he gets a taste of his selfish douchebagerry.

malakas, Mathloom and RudyTBag like this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Does anybody think this guy actually wants to play basketball at this point?

He needs money, the only reason i would think of signing him is hoping he plays hard enough to steal somebody else's money in the offseason.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. valorita

valorita Member

10. trilliamz

trilliamz Member

If it means we stop him from going to the Warriors then sign him!

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He definitely doesn't NEED money, he gets paid till 2020 and a minimum contract is not a significant boost to his income. You could make the case he wants it, but that's just like any other player. They want the maximum amount of money, whether they've earned it or not. Whatever the market will give them.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Most players don't have a history of quitting entirely once you've paid them.

Every player carries a risk of shutting it down once paid, I would say his is substantially higher than most. Just because you earn a contract (which he certainly did the first time around) doesn't make it right to quit trying to do your job to the best of your abilities.

No way in hell I would give him a contract of any substance.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So what if most players haven't done it? It's just business. We did a buyout when we didn't like Lawson, and he did a buyout when he didn't like basketball. It's his right and he exercised it legally, didn't eat up anyone's money. He was given that money and that contract was agreed by the Bucks. You can quit your job anytime, and so can NBA players. That's how the NBA approved, team-signed contracts are designed. There is a way to retire and return and teams know about it through their teams of lawyers who essentially designed these contracts.

I guess people were expecting him to give the money back or something? lol Right. Players will do that after the first time an NBA team pays a player more than they owe them just because that player improved a little. Come on. This is a dirty business, these are dirty negotiations. The business side is not friendly.

Anyways, I don't know about you guys, but I'm almost always on the players' side. I've seen teams f*ck players up too often to be mad at one particular player who used all his legal options to secure what he's legally entitled to.

Jayzers_100 and D-rock like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe for minimum wage. not vet min

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Larry Sanders is a head case. PASS

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Morey decides that then it works for me. But you are not Morey, TG for that.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather look at Emeka Okafor.

18. saleem

If Sanders joins and plays well for our Houston Rockets, I will be very happy. I know you want the best for our team, and so do I and so many of us. I just don't think he can be a difference maker.

D-rock likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't care if he's just coming back for the money, so what? How many people here would quit their jobs if they got 50 million suddenly? I imagine being an NBA player requires tons of hard work and pressure to perform and that can stress people out...

With that said he's not a fit here and won't get much playing time. I don't think there is much a risk in trying it out though for a cheap 1 year contract.

20. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

My honest opinion. Anyone that sells out on their team like this needs to have a probationary period long enough to match their contract terms x 2 before "returning". He just duped the Bucks, took some spare money(a fraction of what he was making) used it to make records, smoke weed, and decide now he's had enough fun and he's serious about this.

He had what 3 years on his deal? He needs to not be able to return to the game for 6 years from the date he quit. I can see other players citing mental health or what not as options to bail from their deal, get a 5-10% cut, live on it for a year or two and then come back to the NBA for a team of their choosing. It's bullshit.

He's exactly the type of person we do not need in the NBA.

malakas likes this.