1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Made the decision to go caseless with my phone ....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The S7 is too slick that I prefer keeping it in a rubberized case for better grip to operate one-handed.

2. joesr

joesr Member

Someone mad they didnt think of posting this first, lol

3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

The phone I have now is the first one I put a case on. I just put a clear case with a screen protector on it.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Dude my case is as slim as the iPhone itself because it's a single piece and saves me daily

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I went caseless once. Dropped my phone in the toilet.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yep. I did it back just before Thanksgiving. Had a new phone on Dec 1. Dropped it twice, shattering the screen beyond repair. You will drop your phone and it will crack.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My Lumia 920 went caseless because it was basically a brick. Nowadays with my cheapo Androids I just have a slim soft case and that seems to be enough.

9. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I've been going caseless since the Jet Black Phone came out in August. Other than the expected scratches, so far so good.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Did that with my S6 edge +, was good for about 3 months or so. Then I dropped it getting out of a Lyft and cracked that bad boy. I'm now with an iPhone cased up.

12. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

That's what I have on my s7 and love it. I was about to suggest it. My gf has a wallet case with proglass and has shattered one screen, another proglass, and just chipped her third proglass. My Unicorn Beetle is still kicking ass.

jev5555 likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I never use a case. You get a nice phone, then you cover it with an ugly, fat case? Not for me.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

last couple of phones (nexus 6p and currently pixel xl) are too slippery. speck cases are rugged enough to handle any substantial drops although i've never stopped one. pixel xl is too damn expensive at a grand and without insurance to be careless.

15. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I am old and clumsy I need a case around me. I use an doro phone not much to lose.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I never use a case, I switch phones too often and can repair them if needed... Knock on wood but the last broken screen on my own phone was a iPhone 3g before upgrading and even then wasn't a real crack but a scratch.

I'm currently on a Note 5, but I can understand if you're clumsy/have bad luck/phone is slippery etc etc.- but come on, it's like.. " look guys l!! I got this new phone with some color I liked, but I hide the whole thing in some silly armored case that doubles the size.", hahah, I know they're not all like that but I've seen some brick cases.

On a side note I almost caved on the S3 (iirc) due to it being slippery and having big hands, but even then didn't bother. + depending if you need to use flash and have the stupid big armored case it can screw up pictures making them washed-out.

Tl;dr cases aren't fun and even if I break my phone I'd rather just fix it myself.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its not so much that they are too slippy, but too damn thin. A case that doubles the thickness is perfect. Maybe if I had small hands, it wouldn't be an issue. I really dont care how 'cool' my phone looks. I'll take functionality over aesthetic any day. Everyones phone looks pretty much the same these days.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I couldn't care less on aesthetic either, my comment was more for the iPhone crazies (not all of them, just the ones needing to have the logo and color and then cover it up). I am not using a case mainly because depending on material or thickness in pockets. With that said, I solved the big hand issue with Note 5, I did almost get one on the iPhone since it was so small.

19. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

I had the Iphone 3 for 4+ years without a case. Dropped it 100+ times, even on concrete numerous times. Nothing ever happened. Perhaps there was some internal damage I couldn't see, but screen didn't crack. Newer phones are thinner though, so I don't plan on trying that again.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm pulling hard for what.

We all are.

ramotadab likes this.