1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. dmoneybangbang

Casspi will be a free agent next summer. I think he would be a good fit but I'd rather wait until the offseason if we are talking about throwing in Montrezl Harrell. I like WCS but we will be very thin at experience at the center spot if he isn't playable this season.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Can't believe people are comparing that lazy WCS who hasn't improved on or off court in 2 years to Capela who has never stopped improving and is a starting player of a team on pace to win 60, excellent rebounder, good defender, 22 years old played 2 playoff series, excellent PnR player. PROVEN. Not projected. PROVEN.

And give up Harrell for that guy? The Kings are one of the worst teams in the West and they won't even play him a little bit to develop him. What do you think that says about their valuation of him? They are giving their #6 pick from just last season, who played 20 minutes per game last season, they are giving him 11 garbage minutes per game this season.

There is certainly a possibility someone can turn his career around, but he's not worth Harrell - who is essentially worth a #10-15 pick right now. Think about it this way, they would trade us WCS for our first, which is #26 at the moment. Would we trade Harrell for a 2017 #25 pick? HELL no.

He's a medium risk medium reward player. Still cheap so worth taking a chance on, see if he can improve. But let's be realistic about what he's worth in January 2017.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like Rudy Gay tore his Achilles tonight

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yikes. They should have already pulled the trigger on a trade

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

76ers want to get rid of Nerlens Noel, no?

But the player I really want is TJ McConnell. I think he would be a massive upgrade over Ennis.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Blazers have become the trash of the NBA. Time to trade Damian Lillard... to le Rouquettes de Houston.

Here's what we offer.

Patrick Beverley - it will give them their balls back
    Corey Brewer - their locker room will improve
    Eric Gordon - pure shooting joy/bliss
    First round draft pick 2017 (top 28 protected indefinitely)

They give us.

Damian Lillard - nothing to write home about at 24 mil
    Mason Plumlee - who cares, but we'll see if he makes the team at 2 mil

Rockets do this out of the generous nature of their hearts, Blazers do this because we just handed them a championship when they were 18-26 and just lost to the Hornets who just lost to the lowly Sixers. Kindness towards your struggling friends in the league pays back if you're kind enough. Let us be kind to you, Portland. We care.

[​IMG]

#1346 don grahamleone, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do not like.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U give up our heart and soul in bev and our sixth man of the year/ 3point leader, for lillard? Give up way too much for this trade to be beneficial. Yea we get rid of brewer, but weaken our defense/offense.

Embrace the clutch and Tha_Dude like this.
  9. BigMaloe

With gay being out it makes more sense to trade for koufos. I reckon the rumor of our interest was true but we didn't want to give up compensation. Well now we wouldn't really have to.

Brewer for koufos straight up. Add gentile or llull if you must have to.

Jatman20 and Tha_Dude like this.
  10. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Koufos would be nice, then we just need to add Barbossa and in place of Ennis and we're set.

BigMaloe and Jatman20 like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Watching Harden and Lillard on defense would be hilarious though, the court would become a big red carpet, the true matadors lol

Mathloom likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Portland just dropped like $200m+ on a roster built around Lillard. He ain't goin nowhere.

They are probably going to try to unload Turner though. That was such a moronic contract.

Would love to have Crabbe. Feel like he can be our new Ariza once he matures a bit, gains some more experience. They're probably super high on him though, just re-signed him.

Jatman20 likes this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

at 18.5m per year? No.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We should get Vucevic for Brewer :)

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

A 25 year old who is athletic, plays pretty good defense and hits more than 40% of his 3's? I don't like it, but that is certainly his market value. He would get that deal as an unrestricted FA on the open market from several teams.

16. BigMaloe

Yeah it's surely the market considering Brooklyn offered that and they matched.

Anyone know about caldwell-pope and the situation in Detroit? He's another prime candidate for a Crabbe like contact when he hits rfa this offseason.

He would be a great fit, but I imagine (but literally know nothing) Detroit will match anything and keep him so I doubt he gets traded.

17. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Apparently much improved 3 pt shooter. Last yr he shot 30.9 or 31% from 3. 40.4 or 40% from 3 this
    yr (88/218 attempts). On pace for about 400 attempts.....that's good. Plays good defense.

#1357 Jatman20, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.
  18. BigMaloe

Yeah I've looked at the numbers, and heard his two as a good defender but I don't know anything about the situation in Detroit and their plans to resign him and how important he is too the team etc. Are they nervous about his cost, is he receiving the max etc...

19. craguin

craguin Member

[Detriot Free Press - Jan. 16, 2017] Gores: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 'has what it takes to be a Piston'
    Detroit Pistons owner Tom Gores made his thoughts known when it comes to shooting guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.

“I know Kentavious well. He is a hard worker. He is reliable and is improving every day,” Gores said. “He should be a Piston. That’s just bottom line. He has what it takes to be a Piston. He was a shy kid when I met him, and he’s become a leader.” [...]

The league grapevine said he was seeking a contract worth at least $20 million per season and it’s not a stretch to say with exploding salaries, Caldwell-Pope could receive a max contract.

D-rock, Vivi and BigMaloe like this.
  20. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

His agent is Rich Paul. Apparently they were asking for $20 mil per yr extension prior to season.

Now both parties are playing it cool.

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.