1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rubio being shopped

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jan 17, 2017.

1. basketballholic

Mark my words. If the Spurs get Rubio they will kill us.

2. omgTHEpotential

At this point Rubio wouldn't make any sense on the Rockets. Harden is just as good of a playmaker (if not better, since he can finish himself) as Rubio. So if you took the ball out of Rubio's hands, what's the point of having him there? He's not stretching the floor, and he's not a good enough defender to justify keeping him in there doing nothing on the offensive end.

Just don't fix something that isn't broke. Finally Houston has a nice and easy to root for team. This being said, I'm sure the Spurs would figure out how to use Rubio in their system.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Mark my words. If Spurs get Rubio, we will kill them.

They need threes to keep up with our scoring efficiency, as we saw in our last game. We took away everything else, even with the superior PnR of Parker and Aldridge. With Rubio, they lose that game because no way they shoot .522 from three when we can leave Rubio.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's confirmed guys.

Spurs get Rubio they miss the Playoffs.

Another basketballholic reverse-guarantee

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Kiss of Death

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I remember the last time you marked your words and it didn't turn out pretty.

Richie_Rich and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with BBH on Rubio ....He'd be ideal as the primary ball handler when James sits.....underrated defensive player....And under MDA. ... Rubio's presence allows Eric to stay in character, makes his job much easier/safer.

8. heypartner

So he would play just 12 minutes per game? I agree, that's all he would be worth on an MDA team.

I don't think you really are agreeing with bbh. He wants Rubio so as to take the ball out of Harden's hands, claiming that is too predictable and not even allowing Harden to grow into his PG role where he is so spectacularly performing at such a few amount of games, in the big picture of his whole career.

Are you agreeing that we should take the ball out of Harden's hands and not let him further develop his PG game?

roslolian, malakas and justtxyank like this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Minny has expressed interest in adding a solid vet. So why would they trade Rubio if he is such a solid vet?

Richie_Rich and Bennie Anders like this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yule C!!!!

11. basketballholic

That's false. With Rubio there's still plenty of minutes for Harden to have the ball in his hands.

You are foolish for believing we can win it all with Harden handling for 32 minutes and then some scrub handling for 16. You need two playmakers on the floor playing together to have a chance against the top 5 teams in a 7-game series.

#51 basketballholic, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

They have an outstanding C with KAT.
    An excellent wing combo with Lavine/Wiggins.
    Dieng has a future as a 4 man.
    So they trade their "superstar "PG? Why?
    Why did they draft Dunn rather get more perimeter shooting? It seems that the organization doesn't believe Rubio can get them where they're trying to go. If the Twolves don't believe in you, why would I take the ball from Harden (@ 33-12) and give the ball to Rubio?

Richie_Rich and Pen15clubber like this.
  13. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Suns would've won it all with 1 playmaker had Horry not made the hero hard foul that got Nash and Stat ejected.

Also, I think Harden Absolutely should have the ball in his hands when he's on the court.

Side note, I think Ricky would be a fantastic 12 minute a game type of player. Just fantastic. Replace Brewers minutes with his, and let E.G. be an off the ball guy 100% of the game.

But, RR should not be a 20-30 minute guy. He's a great backup candidate, energy, defense, floor general. I'd like to see Brewer, KJ and a pick for him, but, let's be clear, it'd be for a 12-14 minute backup.

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I feel like basketballholic single-handedly makes Rubio the most hated player on here... and I can see why

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. heypartner

Where did I say I wouldn't want two people who can create for others on the floor together. I'm saying we don't need another PG, much less Rubio. It's not our primary area of need.

btw: why do you have to go and exaggerate by saying Harden only plays 32 minutes. He plays 36 mpg. Hell, in the playoffs, Beard will be playing 40 minutes.

Richie_Rich, malakas and Cashmoney like this.
  16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

No point of paying $13 mil to a 12-14 min guy

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. heypartner

And further, "let's be clear" that Harden will play 40 mpg in the playoffs.

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'm a better shooter than rubio

BigMaloe and Richie_Rich like this.
  19. basketballholic

You didn't.

I intentionally distorted and misrepresented your position like you consistently do mine.

I have never advocated "taking the ball out of Hardens hands". That's the distortion and misrepresentation of my position that you constantly state and promote.

Stop misrepresenting what I say and I'll do the same. Otherwise we can go back and forth making false statements about the others position.

20. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Not to interrupt, but wouldn't having Harden + Rubio on the floor together effectively take the ball out of Harden's hands on certain possessions?

Or are you saying Harden would still facilitate while Rubio spots up (where he can't shoot) or flashes to the paint (where he can't finish)?

How exactly did you mean this to play out with both of them on the court together?

BigMaloe and heypartner like this.