1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Would you take Melo on this team if he were willing to come here? I still think Melo is a good player, and you might be able to re-create Olympics Carmelo in this offense? Maybe. Not sure how he would jell with Harden. That'd be a pretty fun team though. Melo would get buckets on the Clipps

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I would much prefer the @steddinotayto scenario of landing barbosa/Tyson over Tucker/tyson but I would be fully on board with either.

craguin likes this.
  3. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Here is your deal if Melo waives his "No Trade" clause.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hh6zr6s

Ryan and Brewer actually would fit in the Triangle offense. Brewer slashing with Ryan spreading the
    court along with Porzingis. Of course NY would want a player not named Brewer.

Melo is a ball stopper....that you have to worry about (not sharing the ball as he did in the Olympics).
    Phil Jackson criticized Melo recently about holding the ball too long; which is disrupting offensive flow.
    Melo, Cousins & Rudy Gay all run the risk of disrupting the D'Antoni "Space & Pace."

4. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Been a minute since I posted on these boards. Ive been following the season closely, and the team has really impressed me, but the team is missing 1 or 2 more pieces(another big that can rebound/hustle, scorer off the bench, or a 3+D guy). TBH I would rather not give up the core even if it makes us a little bit better. I think this group is special in a way. Anyways got bored and me being a semi Hornets fan I would love Melo to go there honestly loool.

3 team trade between Rockets, Knicks ,Hornets.

Houston Send Out: Corey Brewer, KJ McDaniels, POR 2nd Round Pick, DEN 2nd Round Pick
    Houston Receives: Marco Belinelli, Kyle O'Quinn

Knicks Send Out: Carmelo Anthony, Kyle O'Quinn
    Knicks Receive: Nicolas Batum, Corey Brewer, Hornets 1st Rund Pick, 1 of Houstons 2nd round picks

Hornets Send Out: Nicolas Batum, Marco Belinelli, Hornets 1st Round Pick
    Hornets Recieve: Carmelo Anthony, KJ McDaniels, 1 of Houston 2nd Round Picks

and really you could prob give the Hornets one of Dekker or Daniels.

The type of 3+D guy player I would like too see here may have to be a separate trade. (Matt Barnes, Tim Hardaway JR, Thabo Sefolosha). but if Dekker improves on D I can see him being the 3+D guy we need.

Houston Lineup
    Harden/Gordon
    Bev/Marco
    Ariza/Dekker
    Anderson/Nene/Harrell
    Capela/O'Quinn

really hopes Morey turns our spare parts until useful players, I dont think we need to go after a big name especially this season.

Anyone know whats going to happen with Mario Chalmers or Norris Cole? please get rid of Ennis lmfao

BigMaloe, ilias and Garner like this.
  5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Ariza would have to be involved somehow. Melo is a fantastic offensive player no doubt. The question is would Melo be able to replace Trevor's defense when we play Durant and Lebron.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The answer, would be, NO.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

We don't need another alpha or pseudo-alpha dog on this team. We need players that fall in line and can accept that Harden is the alpha on this team and fit around him.

D-rock, craguin and ramotadab like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thing is, Morey will say that you need more than one (All) Star to win a championship. The way Gordon has been playing, we almost have 1.5 (he would be Robin to Harden's Batman, I guess). But Morey will be looking for another Super Friend.

Who that would be, I don't know. But Harden has put the Rockets back on the map (I hope?)

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

More and more I think about it, I think the target that Morey might go after is Danilo Gallinari.

28 years old
    6-10 Small Forward / Power Forward
    -Highly efficient, low turnover wing who would fit our system flawlessly.
    -Draws fouls at a high rate
    -Great on and off the ball.
    -In his prime
    -Good shooter
    -Could benefit from the system / Harden in a similar way to Eric Gordon.

Most importantly, he is an expiring contract on a Denver team that is going absolutely nowhere, with or without Gallo. If we could pick him up at the deadline with the intention of resigning him in the offseason, it would allow us to keep our MLE to throw at Llull.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gallo would be great in the Rockets system but I don't see a feasible asset package that the Rockets would be willing to offer that would get Denver's interest.

D-rock, malakas and Jatman20 like this.
  11. larsv8

That is the beauty of him being an expiring contract.

If you aren't a competitive team, what incentive does Denver have to not take anything they can get for him at the deadline?

ramotadab likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I guess the thinking is other teams could put together better offers than KJ/Brewer/1st etc.

13. larsv8

They could, but again, as a rental, only like 8 or so good teams would want him, and they would have similar packages as us.

14. malakas

malakas Member

uh oh...woj said Rubio is being shopped???
    LOL where's bballholic?

BigMaloe and ramotadab like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Probably working with the trade machine on a 3-way to attach Noel to the deal. #YuleC

malakas and ramotadab like this.
  16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Ariza is a better defender than Melo, but isn't some sort of All-NBA great on the defensive end. Morey has constantly said you need more than one star to compete (reason why, fair or not, nobody really counts as as "real contenders"), and getting Melo would give us two of the best offensive players of all-time under one of the best offensive minds of all-time.

Not saying it'd definetely workout, but you can't let fear of losing the "Trevor Ariza's" of the team stop you from trying your hand at a superteam. Ariza's skillset is far more replaceable than Melo's.

17. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I really like the idea of Galla, and think he'd fit quiet nicely on this team. I wonder how many teams without a true second star, but a really good supporting cast, have one championships.

Is a lineup of say:
    George Hill/Beverley
    James Harden/EG
    Gallinari/Dekker
    Anderson/Harrel
    Capela/Whoever
    good enough to win a ring?

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Deuce,

I tend to think this is going to be a buyers market. Lots of good role-players on expiring contracts playing for non-competitive teams. That doesn't mean you can lowball, but I'd be surprised if paying a premium is necessary.

Gallo isn't a bad idea, but that would require Brewer to be in the trade....a negative value asset.

19. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

i can't believe Morey would take on that contract (all guaranteed $13.4M-$14.8M thru 18/19)....but oh well.

I will throw in Clutch and a couple of Power Dancers if it means moving Brewer.....& I can't stand Rubio.

#1319 Jatman20, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  20. dmoneybangbang

We would be giving up Harrell in this trade realistically but I'm all on board. Also, I don't think we can trade 2 more consecutive 1st round picks but maybe I am wrong. (we gave up our 1st rounder last season).

But yes Tyson Chandler is someone I think fits like a glove. He ran the PNR with Chris Paul and the PNR with Linsanity. When locked in, he is a good rebounder and defender. He is definitely an enforcer type and is a well seasoned vet. Definitely a win now type of move, but we've proven we can find the next player "x" in the draft.