1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

He's 70 years old. This is him. He's not going to change after 70 years.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Your logic is so bad. Who are you to define what a "presidential approach" entails? That's a subjective term. Was Obama presidential when he made fun of Special Olympians on Leno?

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes he was.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, you are most likely right.

I don't agree that someone 70 years is not capable of changing. Any person at any age willing to learn is capable of advancing and maturing.

amaru and justtxyank like this.
  5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sorry, but making fun of society's most vulnerable - the Special Olympians -- is as low as it gets. That's what Obama did on national tv.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Show me the video.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is where it is from. Of course, Obama recognize that words from POTUS is very important and fully apologize for his remarks. You see, he learn from mistake and it's absolutely clear that he didn't meant harm.

Trump, on the other hand, mock a disabled journalist (and many others) and what do we get? An apology? Of course not. Many of supporters, probably the same people that is so critical of Obama's remark doesn't care either. Hypocrites.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good post. As others have pointed out, who is supporting Lewis's statement? Certainly, I'm not. Trump didn't attack the message (which he could have, even though he's got better things to do). He attacked the messenger, and I defend Civil Rights hero Lewis, as an entity. But yeah, his message is off.

More importantly, NO, it wouldn't also be important for me to criticize Lewis. I mean, he's one person in the House, and he's not even my representative. Who cares what he says. Trump is my president, and if he had just ignored Lewis's wrong-headed statement, I probably would never have heard about it.

Our POTUS elect really needs to get a grip. Presidents get criticized more than anyone else. Definitely more than even reality TV stars. Or, alternately, we should just ignore his immature tantrums and the media should simply quit reporting his tweets. God knows, I'd be okay with that.

Meanwhile, folks, don't let bigtexxx shift this to some former and now irrelevant president (one who had the capacity to apologize, but whatevs). texxx has had eight years and hundreds of poorly titled threads to do that. This thread is about our new incoming president. Thanks.

joshuaao and justtxyank like this.
  9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The bitter left could eventually get their wish; A Pence presidency. Say goodbye to abortions and gay rights and a complete repeal of Obamacare with no replacement.

Love or hate Trump, a Pence/Ryan/McConnell ultra-conservative threesome is more dangerous than even an inept Hillary Clinton or Trump.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are quoting infowars. I think that says everything.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I quoted RocketsLegend. It was a tongue-in-cheek retort to the lefts obsession of undermining Trump.

Sweet Lou, tell me. Would you like to see Trump impeached? A 'yes' or 'no' will be suffice.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Spacey has yet to find anything Trump says or does that can't be blamed on liberals. Reminds me of way back, oh right just a few days ago, when Trumpanzee RealJihad was blaming the 13 Democrats that voted against Canadian drugs while the 39 Republicans also voted against it seemed to elude his reality.

Oh yes, it's going to be a long four years. In fact so long that at some point Trump years will be known as the inverse of dog years. 7 years will be like 1 Trump year.

#9013 CometsWin, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

RL was quoting infowars. The left isn't obsessed with undermining Trump, they are obsessed with making sure he is a good president and not a corrupt one beholden to a foreign gov't. If Obama has 1/10 of this stuff the Right would have gone nuts.

What I would like to see is Trump's taxes, and I would like to know what exactly his affiliation with Russia really is. That's all I really want to know.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

So you admit that CNN is left. Thanks for clarifying.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

?

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's got a good point.

17. amaru

amaru Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

We weren't even talking about CNN. I think he's got a screw loose lol.