1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team will never win anything with Brock Osweiler at QB!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 8, 2016.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That alone says it all. Do you really think he will blossom into a QB worth half of what we paid? Ahhhhhhh, how nice it must be to have a QB who can throw it down the field, lesson the pressure up front, and give a team a chance. If Brock can't get more accurate then it will be run, run, pass 5 yards all next year.

Funny, but I never had less faith in Schaub, even at his worst, and he didn't make the kind of money Brock is getting. I really wanted to believe Brock was going to be our man. I doubt he gets much more accurate after all these years of practicing his throw. Either you've got it or you don't. He might make less mistakes with a better offensive line, but I just haven't seen him show any consistent accuracy or skills to be a real threat to anyone. I wish he would prove me wrong.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  2. Mr. Space City

And how many passes did Brock throw in the dirt last night with no intense pressure?

How is a 6-7 qb throwing passes in the dirt?!?!

How is a 6-7 qb not only throwing passes in the dirt AND throwing passes too high?

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  3. blackistan

blackistan Member

Sucks that we can't figure out the QB situation. Texans always realize things way after the fact so I'll assume they'll hang on to trashweiler until he starts throwing pick sixes every game.

4. BigTex

BigTex Member

5. Jay713

Jay713 Member

wow, just noticed how WIDE OPEN Fuller is... terrible.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

oh they can figure it out, the question will be if bob mcnair will finally have the guts to look past the color barrier. Both bridgewater and Tyrod Taylor are fairly young and top 12 total qbr guys when healthy and can be had for almost nothing this offseason. Their is also the draft where kizer, and watson await. We will see if I was right all along about mr mcnair

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

^^^ that absolutely HAS to be our strategy.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I am sorry; what does race have to do with our QBs?

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The race of QB's is literally all HardenTime cares about. At one point it was funny, but now the shtick is old and tired.

I do think it's funny though that some are suggesting that the solution to the Texans problems is a QB of a college team that went 4-8 under his amazing leadership and sub 60% passing. Oh well, people will never learn it seems.

11. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

The Texans don't have the cap space to sign a FA QB (unless Taylor slips thru) and their draft pick is far too low to try to trade up for Watson. Garoppolo will cost a top-3 draft pick and is out of the question. They may need to take a stab at someone like Mahomes.

12. Major

Major Member

This approach is the fundamental problem with the team. Taking stabs at guys because you're not willing to spend a legitimate draft pick on a guy. The end result will be the same as it's always been - a very high likelihood of failure and repeating this same conversation every year.

To clarify - I have no idea if Jimmy G is the answer or not, but if the team believes he can be, they should not hesitate spending draft picks on him. If they think he's even average, he'd have made much more of a difference last year than Will Fuller. The same will be true next year of whatever player they can draft in the middle of the first round.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We passed on Carr, Garropolo, Bridgewater (with a trade up), Lynch and Prescott.

They have signed Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, Mallet and Osweiler, with the QB play steadily getting worse year by year.

There is no indication Bill Obrien has any ability to recognize QB talent

14. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

By "top-3" I am referring to one of the first 3 picks in the first round. Not a third-rounder.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I have to agree. He's also been promising to coach better all season and we're still waiting for that to happen as well.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  16. Major

Major Member

Gotcha. You think Jimmy G is going to command a top 3 overall pick? If that's true, then yeah, the Texans simply don't have that capability obviously. I don't think anyone believes that's what NE is seeking though.

17. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Since he was drafted I've liked him more than anyone on here.I think he's clearly a better QB than either of Watson, Kizer or Trubicky. He's better than Goff or Wentz also. It's a market and he will command the top price due to his contract.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2016/09/18/jimmy-garoppolo-finds-martellus-bennett-end-zone-20-yard-td

#1817 Bennie Anders, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You're a glutton for punishment. But that's ok ;)

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I went crazy when I saw that on the replay.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He's reportedly going to cost a 1st and a 4th. With that first, NE can just get another QB with that pick and then trade him off for more picks later