1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank Morey for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 14, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

After watching the debacle of the Texans playoff game and the total meltdown of Osweiler, I take solace in the reminder that we have James Harden on the Rockets. I don't know if the Rockets can win a title, but at least we have a franchise superstar leading the team.

I hope the rest of the city rallies behind the Rockets.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daryl Morey has made possibly the single greatest trade in NBA history.

En Murray Aye Thrust!

3. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Thank Les for Morey. Nobody was going to give Morey GM job.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Great point.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't buy that for a second. Les and Morey were a good match and thanks be to that.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep that was a major win for Morey and the Rockets.

DD

joshuaao and TheMystery008 like this.
  8. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Can we now get Houston's attention to our Rockets! This is a team fun to watch and once all get healthy the future looks bright.

HakeemOnlyFan and Ramo$e like this.
  9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Do it, Rick Smith.

[​IMG]

10. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Pretty soon, people here in this town will come around to the fact that you simply cannot win in the NFL without an elite QB. You need an Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, etc if you want to compete for SB's each and every year. The Texans are a long way away from having one of those, and until they get one they have no shot.

In the NBA, you need superstars to win too and the Rockets have one of the best in James Harden. It's too bad that nobody in this town seems to care enough but shame on all of them. The Rockets should be the talk of the town right now, but the Texans will fill the headlines even if they finish next season without winning a game.

I don't know why Houston fans continue to be this dumb, but they are and I guess I should just let them be at this point.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden can probably play QB better than Brock

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Agreed. Les didn't get to become a billionaire bond trader by being stupid. He clearly knows what he is doing even if some people like to panic just because the team has one off year. With Morey at the helm, the Rockets have been one of the best teams in the NBA despite not winning a championship.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

now just surround him with pure shooters

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we did. now we ned defense and someone to remind them there's a mid range game between the 3pt line and paint. once they get that down, its game over for the warriors and cavs

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Houston fans are utterly stupid.

We are blessed with one of the best players in the post-modern era of basketball in James Harden. This guy might be the best player we've ever had next to Hakeem.

We have a core of three of the best young batsmen in the game today, two of which are already superstars: in Altuve, Correa. And the third is surely on his way to becoming a superstar in Bregman.

And yet the stands at Toyota Center and Minute Maid are always so empty compared to other teams.

But of course Texans games are jam packed and the talk of the town no matter what. It really irritates me.

Stand by the other teams who deserve it.

It's not the 20th century anymore. Houston doesn't need to be "just a football town."

Tha_Dude, IvanLCPM and Deckard like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it will be hard to build around one guy....
    He is among the best, or the best at what he does but the obstacles are too much

Playoff teams will play with tons of intensity and more grit.

Basically you let Harden get his, make sure his teammates do not make their shots (mainly Gordon and Anderson), or limit good shots

And all you have to do let Capela, Harrell, Hilario or whoever is a downlow guy beat you.

Or the occasional Ariza or Beverley explosion.

We got not many assets(except for the main three guys and Capela), virtually no good draft picks.

We are too dependent on the Free Agency market.

But thanks anyhow, for a talented main guy!

#16 daywalker02, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rockets will also play with more intensity and grit... i cant remember ever this season someone denying us good shots..its just that we sometimes miss them at a bad rate...in fact most our troubles come when harden has no space because of playing someone who is not a shooter eg brewer... just give us more shooters and harden got it...

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

our defense is solid.... just need someone who can shoot instead of brewer.. grizzlies play d a decade now and have won zilch and will never win that way...

just need pure shooters to unlock harden even more
    all this alleged improvement this year is because we got ourselves true shooters, it has nothing to do with dantoni bzdelik, chemistry or harden playing pg...he always played pg in houston and we always were able to get a TON of open looks just werent able to make it

Tha_Dude likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure, but I think Memphis would have been in the Finals in the East.

Sometimes you are just born the wrong Conference.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

James Harden >>>>>>> JJ Fatt
    Leslie Alexander >>>>>> Booby Mac Nair
    Mike Anthony >>>>>>>> Billy o Byran
    Daryl Maury >>>>>>>> Richard Smith

Houston Rockets >>>>>>> Eggball Texans

\thread

J.R. likes this.