1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose No Show?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jan 9, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brandon Jennings is better anyway.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You would be hard pressed to find anyone more worthless then BJ Armstrong. He's the agent version of the Onion.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#83 zeeshan2, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

The Mensa meeting lasted longer than expected.

We Mensa

Wapzoe likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The goofus has the same agent that made Donuts stale? This Rose is wilting fast. Water, please!

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Knicks twitter used this today; pretty crappy timing

ramotadab likes this.
  8. Lovemachine2000

Nah bro, I'm willing to bet that was intentional. Stone-cold!

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

how many pics did that guy need?!?1 (starting at 0:27)

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Rondo and Rose must have a bet on which one will be out of the league first.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I wouldn't say he's unathletic. From what I saw he looked like a good back up guard, Barrea type guy that annoys people. He drew a couple of offensive fouls from Jason Terry, he was really frustrated by Baker.

12. malakas

malakas Member

many many rumours going around from people who are friends/ relatives of Rose's entourage that he had decided to call it quits and retire.
    I think he had a mental breakdown went to Chicago to see his mommy and bro and changed his mind.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

At this point, if Rose walked away, the NBA wouldn't miss him.

I doubt he does because he'd risk losing the ridiculous Adidas money.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

I saw Ron Baker playing the other night on TV and I didn't know who he was. He definitely has a nose for the ball, but he looked like a hustle guy without great athletic ability to me. I looked him up on nbadraft.net and they said "Undersized for a SG and lacks speed and athleticism for either NBA guard position."

Baker certainly looks a little out of place to me in today's NBA where players seem to be getting taller and more athletic. I think a comparison to Barrera is a good one.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Total BS. He missed a game, like the rest of humans who just can't muster up enough ****s to go into work some days for whatever psychological or family or medical reasons, he will be fined. The only difference is his job is a game, your job probably actually matters when you miss a day. I don't believe that there is even a single person here, rich or poor, who hasn't had that day when you just said "I CAN'T I JUST CAN'T TODAY". Some days it's bad enough to not even want to pick up the phone or send a text. I've certainly been there when I was an employee, and I bet many of you have too. It happens to people who lead superficially great lives and those who lead financially dire lives. He makes way more than most, and he will be fined way more than most so don't give us that stupid "he makes $20m so I DGAF" BS.

If he was having a personal crisis thinking to walk away from basketball - which I don't necessarily believe - it's fine. He's human. He's allowed to have that thought, as long as he's willing to pay the price and face the consequences. He doesn't owe anyone more than his contract - if he walks away, he gives up the money, if he doesn't he keeps it. He doesn't need the money, maybe he is just playing because he thinks it would be unappreciative and unfathomable based on his upbringing to turn down money like that for whatever reason. Half of the people who work with or for you care about nothing but making the most money they can make from you or your employer in exchange for what's required in the contract. There are contractual penalties for not showing up and the team can take legal action, he isn't on the hook for any more than that unless he's refusing to honor what he signed.

If anything this should really have you thinking about how things like clinical depression, stress, trauma, and all other kinds of psychological nuisances are not just about money, in fact they overshadow money. It's not about being appreciative and getting on your knees for the person to whom you provide value and compensates you with money. This dude might not be ok, so unless you like people kicking you in the nuts on your most f*cked up day, stop ******** on him for goodness' sake. Imagine if you felt like your world was crashing down on you and you ditched work accepting the contractual fine, and then you had people following you around snapping pictures of you and tweeting holier than thou crap about what kind of person you are on that day.

A little compassion guys. If for example you had clinical depression and someone offered you hundreds of millions to play basketball, you would take it, and you would f*ck up just like him. You're living in a dream world if you think getting that money would change what was destroying you mentally. In fact, it would probably worsen it.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I watched Baker a lot at Wichita State and the recent Knicks game was my first time seeing him in the NBA.

He plays nothing like Barrera. He doesn't use flopping as his primary way of defending and he doesn't shoot as well. He's grittier.

18. CertifiedTroll

What does his kid have to do with this?

Dislike.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A reporter known to get leaks from players said that his unhappiness about being away from his child was a contributing factor.

20. CertifiedTroll

You are using facts against me. Do you have an agenda?