1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serge Ibaka + Rockets = Championships

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by varughese.arun, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Toyota Center is WAY too full in that video at the beginning of the game, against the Pistons? :p

2. varughese.arun

Yeah, he is the cryptic message guy! feed us the juice @Codman !

T for 3 likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We already have the right player starting at PF and a good couple of backups in Dek/Trez. We should be after Nikola Vucevic. He makes the same amount as Serge, but plays a position that's weak for us right now.

javal_lon likes this.
  4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I've been saying for a while that Serge would be the ideal platoon partner to pair with Ryan, especially with his ability to slide to the 5 in our system.

Given that he's in the last year of his deal, it'll be interesting to see what the market for him will be like. As for PGs, I'm sure they'd want any team getting Ibaka to take CJ Watson too, which may or may not be a bad thing.

5. craguin

craguin Member

Elfrid Payton was mentioned in another thread...

yixiixiy and T for 3 like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Do they remember last season when Elfrid Payton de-pantsed the Rockets, I think in both games (home and away)?

macho GRANDE and Houstunna like this.
  7. jayfree

jayfree Member

Sorry but can't get passed this line without laughing

BigggReddd likes this.
  8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Not giving up either Dekker or Harrel, only if its a big name.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

thanks for that. I get that he's got handles and can get in the lane, but i just don't see it with the number of threes he will be required to shoot? Unless his percentages don't tell the whole story?

varughese.arun likes this.
  10. jayfree

jayfree Member

Agreed, The Rockets should be looking at adding a player to the mix and not taking away from the players that have contributed to our success just to get a name player that may or may not truly help.

11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Nerlens Noel makes a little more sense. He is going to be a restricted free agent and there is no way Philly matches any offer he gets. They need to trade him now and get something in return. I believe they are under the cap, so salaries don't have to match. Brewer plus a 1st and 2nd would be fine by me. The Rockets lose very little future value and give themselves a bolstered playoff lineup this year and the option to match any Noel offers this summer.

Jatman20 likes this.
  12. dragician

dragician Member

we got a great chemistry right now. not sure if it would help trading

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I feel like a team like Toronto could probably offer something better.
    Again, Brewer and KJ are viewed as merely fillers, I hope we've all accepted that. So basically were offering Harrell and picks for Ibaka. I guess if Harrell keeps this up it's not too bad an offer for a possible half year rental, but it also means they gave up Oladipo and a lottery pick for Montrezz. Not likely

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Too much package to beat.

[​IMG]

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

There was another thread on the same subject. The problem is, same with a Milsap trade, we will have to give them some major values in exchange for him. At this point, I think we only should improve MARGINALLY without taking too much risk. Let's wait till this off-season when we will be seen as a good career option again.

Cashmoney and Camarograna2 like this.
  16. craguin

craguin Member

Take a quick look at his game logs. Wildly inconsistent shooting performances (12.5% to 75% FG%) and ball distribution (14 ast+0/2 tov versus 4 ast+6 tov).

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great post, and so fast your head would spin.

And I would SHUT UP about DMo because Ibaka covers that 3pt Center spot I covet so much

DD

varughese.arun and kwakmeister like this.
  18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You wouldn't give up either?

ClutchFans cracks up sometimes. Reminds me of this excerpt from the Morey section of that Michael Lewis book:

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

ya. i'll pass. those game logs definitely prove the inconsistency you were talking about. I feel like morey has already taken his shot on an inconsistent shooter/driver with brewer, and while I don't hate brewer as much as your average CF poster, that's not a risk i'd take again...

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If Brewer gave us 8 good games this month, it would make such a huge difference to our ability to make a good trade.

varughese.arun likes this.