1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady says Rockets can win West... agree?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by varughese.arun, Jan 4, 2017.

?

You think the Rockets win 2017 WCF?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Billup is an idiot saying that the GSW has done it and we haven't so we won't be able to hang with them. Yeah they have done it because of the freaking depth they had. But they couldn't close Cavs up 3-1 last year and we beat his clipper from 1-3 with Josh freaking Smith who is playing in China for the Sichuan Panda Bears right now. Talking about characters to win tough games, Bev Harden and Ariz definitely have proven it. Someone needs to text Tmac. This should have been a slam dunk like how he dunked on Shawn Bradley.

#21 YallMean, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  2. varughese.arun

This is my biggest fear. the fix. On other threads, I've spoken about this excessively it seem... I'll do my best to remain patient

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Billups sounds just like a hater. Talking about our defense like it hasn't been in the top 10 since Bev returned, and act like we can't get to the ft line. Ariza is a champion and Harden went to the finals, and team has gone to the WCF. We have playoffs experience, so it's not like we're a bunch of young guys. Anyways Rockets just need to keep winning and playing how they are playing. It'll be a fun year to see where we end up at the end of the season. If we get the right seeding, we can get to the WCF to play GSW or SAS

Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Don't forget, Corey Brewer has a ring too :)

Tha_Dude and varughese.arun like this.
  5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Lololololol that's pretty funny. Be prepared for a bunch of oversensitive pricks to get on you for the motorcycle comment but that's hilarious. I love the specificity.

Hippieloser likes this.
  6. bongman

bongman Member

It's been said time and time again that whoever has to change their game plan the most, loses the playoffs. We cannot let the other team dictate the pace, otherwise we will definitely lose. We play our game and force the other team to adjust - not the other way around.

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

lol that is true, can't forget about champion Corey 51 points Brewer

8. val_modus

val_modus Member

TMac siding with the Rockets on national media outlet? Looks like he really doesn't want that hall of fame vote..

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree with that.

What has me hopeful is the rockets have the 2nd best half court offense in the NBA.

If the game slows down like so many say in the playoffs (I'm not sure on how true that really is) then we are built to succeed in the half court and we have one of the best ISO players in harden who happens to be imo the best pick and roll player also.

What's good about that is in the half court we make a lot of baskets which allows our team to set up for defense, which we are currently ranked number 11 in half court defense and my eyes and the numbers show me it's trending the right way.

Even more so is the ability to get multiple stops. They have shown that even with Ryno on the court paired with Ariza bev harden Gordon or dekker, they can get a lot of stops and TOs that result in a lot of easy dunks and threes.

I think the rockets are built to really surprise media and fans of other teams once the playoffs start.

I'm confident in any series except the Warriors. I think we can legitimately beat the Cavs if we got to the finals.

The Warriors are the team, we're a big time player or major improvement from Clint and dekker away from really having more than a punchers chance against them in seven.

rocketsfan611 likes this.
  10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think we can certainly make the WCF again, defense will have to get more consistent/better for us to beat GS though.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

he's on air with 3 other people who constantly **** on the Rockets or Harden's D on their own respective shows.

Richie_Rich and don grahamleone like this.
  12. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Lol at the idiots who think Tmac gave up on the Rockets, the poor Mans back gave out(all those years he literally put Teams on his back took a toll) and his knees were shot. But you ungrateful fans would know anything about sacrifices, how could you know what he was feeling. Fools.

DudeWah and varughese.arun like this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why do analysts ignore the questions surrounding the Golden State Warriors with inside presence and terrible pick-setters (compared to what they had before) but when it comes to questioning Houston, they're relentless. Same with San Antonio. They lack a big dawg presence when it comes to late game heroics. It's by committee. Who's to say that the hot hand will always get the ball when they need to over there in S.A.? Maybe I just don't hear them trash other teams, but we're Houston... I should be used to this by now...

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

can? yes but it'd require an injury to golden state

15. Garner

Garner Member

has had account for 8 years; posted only 250 times; then creates 19 new threads in 3 days.

The internet is a weird place.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i know the defense is better and can only get better, but how much better? in the starting lineup, ryan's the only borderline avg defender. harden is capable. so there's that. rebounding isnt an issue as long as they keep up this team reboudning thing, and ryan needs to do better to btw

but the warriors play a similar style, rest their starters in the 4th, so there's a lotta garbage time, have a point differential of over 10, and their opponent ppg is lower than the rockets. they have the highest of the top 8 seeds int he west, INCLUDING THE KINGS, and still bottom 10 in the league.

defense is better but not elite level.

17. varughese.arun

Ha...I am assuming this was directed towards me... should I apologize? my bad man...

I just happened to have some free time.

Richie_Rich and Garner like this.
  18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

If I take my rose colored homer glasses off it would probably take an injury to someone on GS to seriously consider us a front runner but that's not unheard of. We have just as good a chance as SA. San Antonio still has Parker but for some reason losing that 40 year old PF who averaged 9 and 8 last season makes them far less formidable than they were for decades. Leonard and Aldridge have yet to prove themselves. Anything can happen.

Richie_Rich and Tha_Dude like this.
  19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Looks like someone just stole his grandpa's 1970 mustang and then show it through snapchat to his high school GF.

20. jayfree

jayfree Member

Harden should gift Curry a motorcycle for winning back to back MVPs. :)