1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas gone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I guess I meant the news of cutting Reggie Williams means they didnt cut or move a Big. Take that fwiw

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I suspect a reasonable question is how many minutes can he sustain? One, at least I, assumes therein is an issue that has derailed the gent since the fateful drive into Motown.

Pels' front court match-ups w/AD have been poor; I'd 'guess' DMo would have quite a chance to create a pairing (as NOLA is building for tomorrow not today).

hakeem94 and Codman like this.
  4. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

if you didn't know why DD and holic get so much disrespect before this thread.... now you know

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Donatas and PJ acted very childishly
    during the RFA process, but I have no grudge against Donatas. I wish him good luck. It's not easy to come back after a serious injury.
    I hope that the Houston Rockets will get a better reserve center/ power forward than him, in addition to our current front court.

6. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Asik, TJones, Dmo for Gordon and Anderson.

Trade approved.

jayfree likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Really? You think that is important? Internet message board respect? For having an opinion, ok then...lol.

DD

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. vator

vator Contributing Member

Don't forget that the 1st round pick that we got in return for Asik = Slam Dekker.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Great post

saleem likes this.
  10. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

one piece of advice for you:

if grandma had balls she'd be grandpa

Your opinions are usually, let's say, "out there."

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. craguin

craguin Member

per Shams Charania:
    "Motiejunas visited with the Pelicans, Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves. He was cleared medically during those visits and had scheduled visits with the Washington Wizards and Boston Celtics before committing to the Pelicans."

#972 craguin, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Easy likes this.
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Why do you ASSUME he passed the Rox physical? If I was dishing out a 35M contract to a player with a previous back injury/surgery... I would expect the analysis of his physical condition to take more than a couple hours... If he took the physical on Friday and got sent home before starting work on Saturday... how can you NOT think it relates directly to his physical? I would think they administered the physical on Friday, reviewed the results for the rest of the day (and maybe into the night)... and saw issues and sent him home when he showed up the next day...
    I mean this is the most logical assessment of the event... the shortest distance between two points...
    Add to that, the fact that they renounced his right all together - for nothing... and that screams damaged goods to me...
    All this other stuff is just wild speculation....

raining threes likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Okay, this was a great response, at least to put everything here in perspective. Hahah

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, if we are to believe both Thibs and Shams, then maybe his visit to Minny had medical clearance at the start but Thibs was never able "to sit down with him"??

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

There is a huge difference between looking at the results of a physical and weighing the risk/reward between paying somebody 1 million dollars or 8 million dollars.

17. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Bewildering move, reject a 4M/1yr QO..that went to 7M/yr for 2....then hold out for a long time to get at 37M/4yr ... but matched to 31M/4yr...renegotiated to 35M/4yr....to now go to the low 1.5M/1year min. BJ must have promised D-Mo a job in Golden State next year just to get him to sign a min-vet deal to guarantee a UFA for next year. I wonder how much of this drama had Wasserman Group footing the bill for.

18. dmoneybangbang

The most important thing we need to know......

Who is better: DMO OR TJONES?!?!?!??!

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No doubt, that I see things a lot differently than most folks...or at least that is the stuff I like to talk about.

Someone has to stir the drink.

DD

Louka likes this.
  20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

DMo is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.