1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks shopping Paul Millsap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Wow. I really hope Thunder don't get him. That would be like they got Oladipo for free ad just replaced Ibaka with Millsap

Bennie Anders and Jatman20 like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I said rotation vet, Brewer and KJ are frankly not NBA rotation players. A rotation vet is someone like Ariza or Bev. We've actually discussed this before - we will literally have to PAY a team to take Brewer with a pick or a young cheap player. For Brewer and a first, Philly might consider giving us just Stauskas and a TPE. To get Noel and Stauskas for Brewer and a lottery protected first is a pipe dream. No GM in the league would get taken that badly, and even if they did they would be fired shortly after.

Also, Philly is not going to just throw in Stauskas, that guy has a future as a Kyle Korver in this league. Contract is pennies, dude shoots lights out, and they will absolutely need guys like that around Embiid. It's the equivalent of us throwing Dekker into a deal right now. The organization is very happy with that guy and they have been pushing his development successfully.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Jatman20 likes this.
  4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Of course he would improve any team. My point is the salary cap is set up in a way that discourages parity.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would making the first unprotected matter at all? Rockets won't be anywhere near lottery for a while. And is Stauskas even as good as Fredette?

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah there is no point in trying to figure out a Millsap trade, its all but impossible. However, I really hope these rumors do have some truth to them and Korver is actually on the table.

I don't know how much more picks and/or rights it would take in addition to Dekker to garner Atlanta's interest, but what probably is true is that A) Korver would probably love to play for D'antoni and would push for this, B) Dekker probably would get minutes with the Hawks and while right now he's not as good as Korver, I don't think they would take a substantial slip in record because of that one move C) Dekker and a first rd draft pick and maybe the rights to Gentile isn't too shabby of a deal for the Hawks for someone who may only be with the team for a few more months.

Sidenote: We would have to include KJ in the deal but I assure you that doesn't tip any scales for the Hawks, and any first round draft pick we offer Morey would always lottery protect it in case the worst happens.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

9. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Kanter(OKC) x Millsap worked on trade checker. If you add Korver in a package & OKC would
    be more with the Western Conference elite.

#269 Jatman20, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah but I doubt Atlanta wants Kanter. They would want young players and picks.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I got chu fam

Houston out: kj/brewer/ennis/den2nd/por2nd
    Houston in: ppat/sully/korver

Atlanta out: korver/millsap
    Atlanta in: kj/brewer/joseph/tor1st/por2nd

Toronto out: ppat/sully/joseph/1st
    Toronto in: millsap/ennis/den2nd

don grahamleone and Haymitch like this.
  12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

KJ and Ennis don't play. Milsap would take Nene's minutes. They only depth we would lose would be Brewer and no one likes Brewer.

13. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Yes, it should be assumed picks involved & they have young guys like Cameron Payne....others.

#273 Jatman20, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    ElPigto likes this.
  14. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Hopefully Dwight puts in the good word to get his boy KJ by his side.

D-rock and Jatman20 like this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hawks would never do that, none of those players hawks really want. We're the ones who should be doing them a favor, not them helping us out. Plus if they add on three extra players they gotta make cuts, that's a lot of cuts.

16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Kanter w/D-12......Steven Adams w/Millsap would be good for both teams. I'm not promoting it. I hope
    they don't work it out. Just sensible for both teams.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Not really, our pick is not valuable at all. To a certain extent, I would even rather have the 1st pick in the 2nd round than the 25th pick in the first round. We are too good for the pick to matter, as long as we have Harden our pick will never be better than 15th in the league.

As for Fredette, yes stauskas is a much better asset. 4 years younger and looking like an NBA rotation player. There's a reason Fredette is in China.

If you don't think he's better than Fredette - a guy who can't get an NBA contract - then why are you even interested in including him in the deal? Doesn't really make sense to me.

18. dmoneybangbang

No thanks, he will be a UFA after this season. I like what he brings but to outbid another team for a half season rental at an already stocked PF spot isn't wise.

19. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Millsap has a well rounded skill set and understands it is a team game. Apparently Rockets coaching staff can design strategy for just about any player. I'm sure there would be no problem with him fitting this team. However the whole rental thing is a problem. And he will get a big contract next year so we probably can't afford Millsap unless he hires BJ Armstrong as an agent.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

No trades make sense for either side. I think the real person we should try to get is Thabo.