1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Donatas gone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If DMo goes there, does it open up a possible Ask to Houston trade?

2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Secondly, don't ****ing try to leverage yourself when you have little to back it up.

Third, don't **** with Morey.

Fourth, hire a better agent. I'm sure BJ wanted D-MO as the poster boy for changing RFA language. Unfortunately, BJ must've not learned Dmo had serious injury issues, failed a physical. and only had one very good year.

I'm 100% a fan of Dmo. I really loved him. I thought we were at our best with him and Tarik manning the front court for that small span, I would've loved to have him healthy at the 4 with Capela over even Ryno. But he's just not worth the risk, financial leverage, and stress given health issues, and stupidity by his agent. I became less a fan of his and hope he has to be battle now Asik, and Tjones for PT.....again.

3. txn

txn Member

Funny question, do you think Pelicans' system is a better fit for him than Rockets?
    Seriously, donno what was his mind process in this. He should go to some teams who actually play inside like Spurs even Grizzlies will be better option.

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Asik would be very good back here, I believe change of scenery will help him. However, he has negative value. That's his market, if the Pelicans want him, I'd ask for a first back but given we'd be dealing freaking Brewer, maybe a 2nd?

Brewer, KJ for Asik, protected 1st.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

DMO was at this best when there was high p&r and high ball movement from hi post to low post. He would've been excellent here if healthy and happy. He's a willing passer, decent 3pt shooter, very good low post scorer.

Pelicans system is horrible.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. txn

txn Member

First of all, AD don't play that much of inside post like other great bigs did. So don't see open up floor is that much important in their system. They didnt do good job on that anyway, look at Ryno & EG when they were with them compare to this year ;) For the Dmo vs Jones, I personally think Jones might win over D-Mo again :D

Stormy1234 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Would Asik fit in D'Antoni's system?

8. RightTooCensor

I doubt he can stay on the court or jump over a phone book

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He should not go anywhere that he is not going to play a lot of minutes, that would be stupid, it would be better he goes to Europe and plays for the year and comes back next year with a larger contract...than being on an NBA bench.

DD

10. Lightsnowaction

Probably a great fit next to AD and T Jones. Will watch lots of Pelicans now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

This was a great exchange between Feigen and DMo conspiracy theorists who obviously know more than the Rockets beat writer. Bobbyholic makes a cameo appearance.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You'll all c. He's not losing a penny. Wait for all the facts.

hakeem94 and BigMaloe like this.
  13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Bholic: "Y'all are stupid, New Orleans is paying him more $$$ under the table" :eek::D:p

On the real though, Dmo ****ed up big time and royally if he isn't getting some under the table money. Could signal also that he is healthy and is gonna bet on himself.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

We may never know but it would not surprise me if the league paid him some $$$ to simply hush up about this whole thing.....pretty common practice to sign agreements for cash not to disparage any party.

Either way, he probably starts at Center in New Orleans with Davis.

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Wasn't it at New Orleans where D-Mo hurt his back and played his final game of 2015?

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lol

Wink wink

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

basketballholic is the gift that keeps on giving

hakeem94 and BigMaloe like this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This wink wink is turning into a wank wank.

19. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

DonĀ“t understand this decision. NO frontcourtd is crowded. For the minimum could have been better go make some highlights with more minutes.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No, there is still a huge piece missing, the league getting involved. There is no reason for the league to get involved in any contract - something smells super fishy, and where there is smoke.....

DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.