1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After a game and a half...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Dec 24, 2016.

?

Brock Star or Vandal Savage?

1. Star

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Vandal

37 vote(s)
    86.0%
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Who should start at QB?

We're in the playoffs now, so this last game against the Titans is a great one to fine tune our game against whoever our wild card opponent is.

Case FOR Brock: He's had 14 games of experience as a starter in the regular season. Although he hasn't played particularly well, he might be a better player than Savage is, at this point, since we're trying to make a playoff run. Texans probably aren't going very far into the playoffs, so any experience will be good for Brock.

Case AGAINST Brock: He's crap. But seriously, his confidence might be shattered, so putting him in the Titans game or the WC game might not be a good idea. Plus, you know, he's crap.

Case FOR Tom: He's...okay. Didn't really play a good game against the Bengals, but didn't turn it over either. Was a good game manager, and really, had one or two good drives. Texans probably aren't going very far into the playoffs, so any experience will be good for Tom.

Case AGAINST Tom: Will he be ready by the playoffs to actually lead this team, or just be a competent game manager? He's only had 1 and 3/4 of game experience (2 3/4 if he starts next week.) Decision making was suspect, and held the ball too long in the early stages of the game.

I can assume that the poll will be lopsided because everyone and their grandmother probably wants to publicly stone Brock at this point, but it'd be interesting to hear the thoughts.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Savage gets another game.

Need Miller back

And need BOB's nuts to finally drop

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Savage, in a game and a half, has showed me more flashes of potential than Brock did in 14 games.

I'd ride or die with Savage. I doubt he's the answer, but he's showed flashes here and there of good quarterback play. I don't feel Osweiler has showed as much.

Also, Savage has played very little football in the last four years. He SHOULD only get better from here. Brock seems to have hit his peak about five weeks into the season.

At this point, Savage is neither a star or vandal. He's somewhere in between the two.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. Mr. Space City

wrong thread

juanm34 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

The real question is: how many threes can the Texans get out of Nick Novak? How many will he make?

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Special teams for the season has been really disappointing.. Novak injury might be much worse than we know...but its clear he has lost some real leg strength this season.

macho GRANDE and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Are you suggesting the Texans should consider Eric Gordon instead of Nick Novak for 3?

Not a bad idea.

No Worries likes this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Nah nah, need to make a cross-sport trade. Get Steve Novak. Dat boy da truf.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Brock should start the first snap just to fock with the other team and our emotions.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The saddest thing is, we should've been at this point last year - evaluating Savage.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Once they opened things up for Savage and went predominantly gun, he looked pretty good. The run run pass predictability just killed any chances of immediate success early on.

PhiSlamma15 and juanm34 like this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Or the three sacks in 4 pass attempts.

Line did improve to start the second half, and they started calling some quicker developing routes.

14. MystikArkitect

If BoB approaches the game plans like he did vs Bengals we will get routed again. Savage has better accuracy than Brock and he needs to trust him. He's not a rookie, quit trying to protect him so much.

Osweiler should never see the field again unless something happens to Savage.

zeeshan2 and macho GRANDE like this.
  15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

lol

16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Tom doesn't seem to have as much of a knack for throwing as many INT's as Brock per game so just that alone is enough for me to roll with Savage.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You still have to stick with Savage, sure he's thrown multiple passes that SHOULD have been picked off, but none of them were picked off and honestly I blame BOB's awful game plan for the ball not moving in the first half. No matter what anyone said, I think they were looking ahead to the game against the Titans because I don't think they really expected the BE-SF's to lose to the Glitter Kitties so the game was likely to be meaningless.

I'm hoping to see much better from them next week unless they are resting everyone.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

How is this a question. Savage made multiple throws that Brock isn't capable of making. He doesn't have Happy feet in the pocket and can hang in there to make throws. He is more accurate and has much better touch on the ball than Brock.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  19. raining threes

This thread, LOL, Savage needs as many snaps as possible.

My question is does Miller play?

I would hold him out.

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I'm rolling with Savage and a more aggressive game plan. When we run the hurry up, Tom seems to get into a groove. He should know the offense pretty well since he's been in it for 3 years, we just need to give him a little more rope.

Savage did hold the ball a bit, but that's one thing that differentiates him from Brock, he's willing to hang into the pocket and make the reads. The throw he made to Hop with the guy tackling him is a big league QB throw--impressive play.

He obviously still has some learning to do and cobwebs to shake off, but in 1 3/4 games he's shown that he can be a competent game manager and someone who could blossom into more.