1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Who is your favorite player currently?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Streets 01, Dec 22, 2016.

?

Who is your favorite player on the Houston Rockets?

1. Ryan Anderson

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Trevor Ariza

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Patrick Beverley

39 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. Corey Brewer

4 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Clint Capela

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Sam Dekker

15 vote(s)
    7.5%
  7. Eric Gordon

41 vote(s)
    20.4%
  8. James Harden

79 vote(s)
    39.3%
  9. Montrezl Harrell

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. Other (Brown, Nene, Onuaku, Wiltjer, KJ, Ennis)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Just trying to get an pulse of the fan base right now. This team is super likable. They seem to get along, have fun, play unselfish, and because of that fact are a joy to root for. But who's your personal favorite?

Not asking who you think the best player is (that's obviously Harden) but who is your favorite player... the guy you just love to root for or see on the floor.

Mine happens to be the best player. I'm a huge Harden fan (as I'm sure many are).

Harden aside I have a hard time choosing between Bev and Acapela for very different reasons.

For the former, I like his energy, hustle, defense, cockiness, work ethic, the fact other teams hate him, he seems cool in interviews, plays whatever role we need, compliments Harden perfectly and is fun to watch due to the fact that he plays so much bigger than he is. I love that he's a leading rebounder, team enforcer, defensive stalwart, and he's our PG! He's an overall super likable guy.

Back when I used to play franchise mode and wasn't strictly "My Player" (and it was easy to swindle the computer for top draft picks) I would always opt for drafting a young athletic center with tons of upside to pair with my superstar guard. Capela IS that guy. It's been a real treat getting to witness his growth during his time here. He's also a perfect compliment to Harden, and does EXACTLY what we wanted Dwight to do and is proving us right (which of course feels great). I love watching him throw down alleys, scramble for put backs, run the floor, and grow by leaps and bounds every day. I'm a big big fan. And of course Acapella with Capela didn't hurt.

So who is your fav?

I'm guessing there will be a lot of love for "E-Gawd", aka "Flash Gordon", aka "Slash Gordon", aka "Splash Gordon"

Also a lot of love for "Slam Dekker", aka "Double Dekker", aka "Triple Decker", aka "Upper Dekker"... wait... what?

And of course there will be votes (maybe?) for "Corey Sewer", aka "Sewer Rat", aka "Black Hole Son", aka "Nudes McBlackmail" aka the "Brick Layer, Building Brick Lair Buildings", aka "Seriously How The Eff Did You Miss That Layup?"

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  2. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

3. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Harden first and foremost since he is the best player and he re up'd his contract. But Gordon has been stealing this old heart of mine.

batkins likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there's one in every crowd. ;)

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Definitely Wiltjer

7. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Don't shut the door on me, ill be back soon ;)

8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

For dude its Patrick Beverley. If the Rockets had 5 Patrick Beverley's and one at each position they would go 82-0 and 16-0 in the playoffs. I came to this conclusion awhile back when I traveled to Cartagena, Columbia and dude smoked some killer hash there with several buddies who I have not seen since but who were very cool at the same time. It came down to this moment where I was standing on a cliff and looking out to the beautiful ocean, I felt weightless and almost as if I could just fly right off the edge of the earth. I could see the oceans from end to end, the other side of the universe. The most beautiful things you will ever see, and it was almost as if time stood still and you could just reach out and grab life without even having to take a breath.

Dude will never forget those times, and dude will always love you.

9. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I agree. I appreciate Harden alot because of how much he wants to be here. His loyalty makes him my 2nd favorite Rocket of all time.

FANfrom86toNow and jamisonrocket like this.
  10. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I've been really happy with everyone. Harden and Gordon have been our best players but I voted for Capela as my favorite. He has exceeded expectations, plays hard, is humble and continues to get better.

11. Rockets4Life13

Biggest harden fanboy here, but i literally love everyone on the team. Especially Bev lately

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No DMo choice?

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Thinly veiled @DaDakota Curse watch thread.

Too hard to choose. I'll just go with Dekker to float him a vote. This dude was HATED by Clutchfans not very long ago (Summer, Preseason, Game 1). Dekker has transformed everyone's opinion of him in just a handful of games.

I really like everyone on the team, all the way down to poor Brewer.

Brewer is absolute garbage, but you root for him because he is trying so hard.

IvanLCPM, hakeem94 and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Harden makes this team go plain and simple. He made Houston basketball relevant again and I love him for it

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As a fan of basketball...watching James Harden be completely brilliant is my favorite.

But I would also give my life for Patrick Beverley

#15 J Sizzle, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  16. Rockets4Life13

Poor ariza has no votes. I love ariza

Warning-Sign likes this.
  17. Exiled

Exiled Member

Brewer got my pictures ,I've no choice

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Harden. He's just so unique from the beard to his game.
    I'm 40yrs old and he's the 1st player in probably 20 years that I've bought a t-shirt with his name/number on.
    Being from Australia also, it was phenomenal for me to be in the Toyota center for several games in the 14/15 season watching him with 40pt games and the crowd chanting MVP and him winning games for us virtually single handed. Something I'll never forget.

T for 3 likes this.
  19. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I feel cheated I couldn't vote for five or six of them. At least.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Dekker....he's played really well and hes still a rookie for the most part. He may never become a star, but he's a jack of all trades and really plays hard. We desperately needed that on this team. It'll be interesting to see how much he can improve going forward...and no setbacks from surgery, all great.

IvanLCPM likes this.