1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

End-of-year Bonuses

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BrieflySpeaking, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

High school teacher. What's a bonus?

jsingles likes this.
  2. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

For you, that's summer.

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

You would think, but we don't get paid for summer hours. They split our 10 months of work over 12 paychecks.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I guess different districts do it differently. IIRC, Conroe ISD gave my wife the option. So, she gets paid all the way through. Also, it's not like you get the entire summer off. Continuing education, planning, etc cuts into it quite a bit.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm not an employee so no bonus but I've been saving up a little 'do whatever the f*** you want with it' fund and I can't decide between which one of these things (that I absolutely do no not need to purchase for any reason) to get:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And yes I realize this stuff is incredibly boring to everyone else. Just wanted to share.

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

@Mathloom I'm probably one of the .01% of people here that is not bored by that stuff. New glass is always nice and usually holds its value pretty well :)

Love the shots created by the Ronin too but to me those are for very specific types of shooting. I don't work in film but they have documentary written all over them.

Mathloom likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah. New glass is always more expensive than the glass you've been working with though!! Never ending search for better glass, kills us all. That ****er is $2200 right now but man, I need no other lens for the stuff I want to do. 24-70mm with f2.8 is so much coverage, especially for a person that shoots raw stuff and hates lights. I'm in the process of selling my t4i, 7d and canon lenses since I've switched over to Sony, trying to beef up that selfish piggy bank. Now I just need to find the right project that absolutely needs me to rent out the lens for a long period haha.

With film these days tripods have almost become a specialty item. I can't remember the last time I did something where a tripod was really important. Even with the most casual projects, movement is key, and the Ronin M is its own kind of swiss army knife. I rent it out for projects all the time but I just want one. I know I'll barely use it but dammit can't I lie to myself and act like I will have time to make pet projects regularly? lol

8. dragician

dragician Member

I already spent it last year.

9. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I appreciated the bonus but the number you get based on what you think you are getting before taxes are taken out sucks.

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Get the drone!

Mathloom likes this.
  11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

As of today I met my target for the year which elevates the bonus I get. Getting there in my 2nd year after starting a territory from scratch where the dominant player is doing everything in his abilities to stop me. It's going to pay for our trip to Costa Rica next summer.

Blake likes this.
  12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Ours don't hit till March.

This is my first big boy bonus, so I should be able to pay off my car and student loans.

13. jsingles

jsingles Member

Here in CFISD it's a year long deal, which I prefer. Will likely teach a summer course this year, that'll be my bonus to use over the free time before starting up in August.

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

just a measly 4g