1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/20/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2016.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

You are not gonna get those calls against the Spurs, pop would kill the ref. Dantoni opened his mouth and got a tech, popovic was going to murder the ref at the end when they didn't give him a foul, he got nothing.

2. No Chill Rocket

Great game ! I was upset . But I wasn't bored . We'll get those guys next time

3. BigShasta

BigShasta Member

Lmao At the Harden comments.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am ok with this loss. We stole one in Minny already.

I am encouraged that we played the spurs pretty tough. It's a learning curve. They are the one to beat in the West.

PeppermintCandy likes this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think when Harden dribbles for more than 5 seconds he's like 10 percent from the field

6. Doge

Doge Member

This is the start of a losing streak.

ramotadab and CK Johnson like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Of course, every game has multiple issues. Harden was one of them. Superstars don't have to be immune to criticism.

I posted earlier that starting to dribble out the clock with 4:45 left in the game was a mistake. We were still up 11 at that point, if memory serves right. The turnovers were just the straw that broke the back.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ah well, at least it looks like they are not going to collapse without Capela. Spurs don't scare me, first time in a while that I can say that.

9. cdrive

cdrive Member

NBA hath ruled: best d against the 3 in the clutch? Just belly flop land on the shooter.

Unreal. But what's unreal is the 2 minute report will be like "what body slam?"

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah then again .. If we just hit one more 3 we win .

The last few years we've had a problem with the ball getting sticky when we try to slow it down .

With our shooters sucking huge ass we just couldn't score .

That being said there were some REAL bright spots tonight ... The defense for most of the game and Dekker and trez playing very well. Beverley is back y'all . He looked sharp out there .

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

We shot like 16% and lost by 2 to the spurs who had to get hot at the end. I wish they would've hit just one more 3 to win but have no complaints. This team can be something special. I was encouraged by the defense. Time to start a new streak.

12. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Your revolution is over, Lebowski! The Rockets lost!

Tha_Dude likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sucks losing that game. Didn't even think we would have a chance since the 3 ball wasn't going down. I really do hate Iso-Harden at the end of games.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Out of all people, you blamed ariza. C'mon dude. He made the layup, forced the TO on Leonard and they were up by 6 at that point.

RocketWalta likes this.
  15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden has to sleep some game anyway.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Positives:

Dekker can Hoop
    Rockets can defend
    Rockets can overcome bad shooting games.

17. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

spurs took away transition scoring, the three, and hardens assists. other teams wil study this game.

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Harden has been disgraceful in crunch time this year. Infuriating. I have said it before and I will say it again: this is not the same player from '14-'15.

19. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

We beat Golden State at home and we were within a possession of winning against the Spurs. Its alll good guys. Lessons are learnt now so we can apply them to the post-season.

20. count_dough-ku

Harden did make some terrible mistakes down the stretch and part of this loss is on him. But the Rockets were up I think 8 when he came in and then the lead went up to 13.

Many Rockets contributed to this loss. Ariza with that awful outlet turnover that set up Mills' 3-pointer as well as the offensive foul on Manu earlier. Gordon shooting that quick 3(which he bricked) off of that offensive rebound instead of burning some clock. Harden with his numerous turnovers. And all the missed shots.