1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela has a broken fibula

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RobKsports, Dec 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's French so its more like 10-12 weeks. I joke Clint, I joke.

2. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Thank God we didn't get rid of Brewer

donkeypunch and vtjsr2 like this.
  3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

That's about right.

Well Clips lost Griffin. So there is that.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

I see no reason to make a trade just because Capela may possibly miss a month or two. The Rockets can still win and make the playoffs without Clint. If Clint is back for the playoffs then all is good.

And, as crazy as it sounds, I kind of like the idea of adding Josh Smith. He was a flop last year, but you never know, he might do well with this years team. As a vet minimum it might work.

Jayzers_100 and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Smoove with an actual coach, and surrounded by shooters? Count me in?

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Just add smoove, just tell Bobby brown not to go too far

rockpileindisma likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's called taking advantage of the situation to upgrade your team. But "panic" works too.

8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

is rolling to the hoop some kind of elite skill? last time i checked, nene and Harrell were both better offensive players than clint. we will see what happens defensively but im not worried about that either. bottom line if we had to loose a starter for extended time, clint was the right one to loose.

Cashmoney likes this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Will Montrezl give Smith back his jersey number?

As far as Capela is concerned, assuming this doesn't require surgery and keep him out for 3+ months, my guess is we'll see him back after the All-Star Break. That buys him 9 1/2 weeks(no Mickey Rourke jokes, please). The schedule between now and then isn't terrible. There's one truly brutal stretch from Jan 20-29 where we play at home vs the Warriors then go on a 5-game road trip at Memphis, Milwaukee, Boston, Philly, and Indiana. But I figure with that being a month from now, the Rockets will have either adjusted to playing without Clint or if they struggle, Morey will have swung a deal to add an extra big man.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

I agree. But I also have been wanting Lucas Nogueira for a few months now, and now could be a great time to strike a trade. Very underrated rim protector, and I think his value will explode in a year or two. So you could get him now for cheap and sell high next season.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Oh no, we're gonna miss the playoffs!"
    "Oh no, we're gonna slip to the 8th seed!"
    "Season is going down the drain!"

Not panic but "TAOTS" Riiiigggght. :)

D-rock likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Kinda depends on the break. Open or displaced fracture? Yeah, that's a big problem. Greenstick or torus buckle would be less so. Without knowing which it is, it's pretty hard to say how realistic 7-9 weeks is.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You go with old man Nene like they did with old man Mutombo...

Then bring in J Smoov to be the "Mike Harris" foreign pickup then BOOM, Insta-Streak!

rockpileindisma and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. YallMean

YallMean Member

15. joomba

joomba Member

It's not about Capela getting injured, we always needed a better rim protector, and Capela has been regressing on that end lately. Now that he's injured, this is the perfect time and excuse to look for an another big that can serve as a defensive anchor in important games. Capela, Nene, Trez line-up ain't gonna cut it.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

..........not sure if serious.......

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

quite.

18. Lightsnowaction

Hope Harrell can fill the hole Capela has left lately.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston Rockets center Clint Capela has been diagnosed with a fractured left fibula and could be out as long as six weeks.

However, Capela said he hopes to return before that.

“I will be okay,” Capela said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. “It happens.

“So now I’m just focused on the treatment, rehab stuff. I think I can be back pretty soon. The doctor, he said like a month, and then after that it depends on how I am dealing with the pain. I’m just focused on trying to reduce the pain as much as I can. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be less than six weeks.”

Capela suffered the injury Saturday in the Rockets’ win over Minnesota.

“They told me it was really a little chip,” Capela said. “Nothing really bad.

“Of course it’s tough, but I’m trying to be positive about it. I’m just going to try to work on my body to try to come back stronger. I’m saying to myself it will be fine, and just keep working hard and listen to what the doctors tell me to do. I just hope to be back as soon as possible.”

Capela is averaging 11.8 points and eight rebounds, while starting in all 28 of the Rockets games this season.

The Rockets, who have won 10 straight games and are the hottest team in the NBA, are expected to use Nene and Montrezl Harrell a great deal more while Capela is out.
    http://www.fox26houston.com/sports/224579891-story

20. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

It's actually a blessing to some extent. Now Morey's hand is forced to bring in a quality big which we needed to address anyway. This player has to time to adapt to the system and when Capela is ready, we should be flourishing after the all-star break.

Little Bit likes this.