1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. D'antoni World

Rockets are 21-7. He is worth the money. Simple as that.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

When he is at his best, we always have a chance to win against anyone. Unfortunately, he is a streaky shooter and an average rebounder. I do feel that he is a good teammate, who tries to fight back after a bad game, and that might be his biggest strength.

3. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Yes it is. Both guys give you about the same stat lines. Sure Parsons hasn't been healthy, but his stats when he was a Rocket and healthy, look very similar to Anderson. He's signed contract on potential, twice! Maybe one day he proves the speculators correct.

It's just that Ariza plays similar numbers as our starting 3.

Hey and if you'd rather have Ariza and Parson, it's your choice; nothing wrong with it. I'd rather have the production spread out to the other positions.

Harden, Beverly, Gordon, Ariza, Anderson really compliment each other quite well. You stick Parson out there and you are taking minutes away from Beverly, Ariza, Gordon, and/or Harden.

I'll rephrase my question, for this team, who'd you rather have, Anderson or Parson.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah this was the kind of list I looked at in seeing who does the 3/4-full time stretch 4 role. You can put the height down to 6'7 and starting getting the Patrick Patterson (haha who'da thought) and Jared Dudley types. Though can you trust them at 5-6 attempts a game? Do they have enough length to bother opposing big men?

You're not getting Porzingas, George, Draymond, Love (f*** Parsons) Ilyasova and those types, they give up some 3pt % and attempts for other things. Kinda see how Anderson simply checks more boxes than it seems.

Actually what I dont get, as some else mentioned a while back .....Bro does Anderson even LIFT? How can he have SUCH a Non-"NBA" body? He could be a little more defined and built than he is. You have ONE HARD job as a professional athlete - get your body conditioned. He's not a slob at all, but why do Capela and those types need to hit the weight room but Anderson doesnt? Oh well.....

5. Drogba

Drogba Member

Kevin Love is basically who we all want Ryno to be. Don't compare the two lol.

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He's not a better shooter than love though. Maybe over their careers Anderson shoots the better 3p% but Love is a better shooter this season and is a far greater threat on the low block and is more versatile.

7. basketballholic

Love cannot catch and fire as quickly and accurately from deep as Ryan can.

#767 basketballholic, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Gorki, Ramo$e, ramotadab and 2 others like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

DonKnock, ramotadab and ilovehtownbb like this.
  9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Seemed to work fine when he dropped 34 in a quarter? Discussion isn't about who has the quicker release. Anderson refuses to let it rip half the time anyway

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  10. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

11. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can we please stop comparing Anderson to Love?

Cavs got Love by trading two #1 picks, including Wiggins, who was projected to be a superstar. He was an elite prospect in the Griffin/Davis category.

We got Anderson for cap space aka FREE. We paid market value for him. Actually I would consider this contract BELOW MARKET value in this market.

Would you rather be stuck with Biyombo, Allen Crabbe, or Noah for $18 million per year? What about Parsons at $23.5 million, Evan Turner at $17.5 million, or Luol Deng at $18 million? Soloman freakin Hill is making $12 million per year. Accept the market price people.

Ryan Anderson is UNDERPAID, we got him for FREE, STRETCHES the floor like no other PF can, and you want to keep hating? GTFO.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

100% false

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

YOU win MR. Lock THE THREAD.

14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I suggest you re read my other post

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't really need to. the part i highlighted is just a flat lie

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Last 3 seasons.

Anderson: 36.8%
    Love: 37.6%

17. jayfree

jayfree Member

Last 2 season, Love was wide open with the Cavs while Anderson was guarded more often.

YOLO likes this.
  18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Not really

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

Dude's a bargain, Brock O says.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

you obviously don't know there's a huge difference between types of shooters, especially in situations.