1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You DMo!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 15, 2016.

1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

My boy DD crying! But don't worry, our Rox are 19-7.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Absolutely. I wanted D-Mo back just like D'Antoni and Morey did. He and his agent acted like spoiled children through all of this and the final resolution has me rooting against him. I have no love left for this player I supported so much and loved having on our team for 4 years, through thick and thin. I'd love to "appreciate" D-Mo in a D-Mo appreciation thread but he ruined himself for me.

I don't care a whole lot about where a player that we didn't need anymore lands but I do not wish him well anymore. He wore out his welcome and slandered our front office and team in the process. He has earned all the bad blood.

I hope his broke back does go to Utah so I can hate them even more.

I do appreciate one thing about this though. I appreciate we won't have a malcontent on our roster screwing with the best chemistry and the best roster we've had maybe since Hakeem was playing for us.

**** a lot of D-Mo. We don't need him and we didn't need this headache. We're in the top echelon of the league and we're getting respect like Houston teams never have, even in the championship years. (Remember how we didn't even get a national SI cover when we won it all? They only put us the cover of local issues.) The Rockets have always been a disrespected team, but no more.

And D-Mo? I couldn't give two ***** about D-Mo. Give those minutes to Dekker and Harrell and Capella and Anderson and Nene, players that love playing here and make us better all the time and never cause locker room troubles.

It wouldn't surprise me if D-Mo's out of the league by summer but frankly I don't care anymore. He's worn out all the good will he once enjoyed here.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So does Jeff Adrien.

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

DMo got his wish to become an unrestricted free agent i guess.

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

Dear : Useless,fruitless Asset ,thank you

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Was Jeff Adrien ever the 2nd most important player on a #2 seed Rockets team?

8. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I'm not happy about losing DMo for no return, but I think the hate he's getting is a little over-excessive. Based on all the official sources I've seen, DMo has wronged the Rockets once throughout the entire process - not showing up for his physical when the Rockets first matched the Nets' offer.

I've not seen any tweet from DMo, Morey, the Rockets organization, or any credible journalist about DMo dissing Morey/Rockets front office - which is why I'm reluctant to just start hoping DMo's career goes down the gutter.

Everything other than DMo not showing up for his first physical was by the book.
    1. DMo not accepting the qualifying offer
    2. DMo/BJ not able to secure an offer from another team by the team this season started
    3. DMo not accepting Morey's offer of roughly $14M/2 yrs with one year guaranteed
    4. DMo putting out feelers to teams with cap room, including Nets
    5. DMo re-negotiating a contract with Rox FO to benefit both himself as well as the team's flexibility

I can't fault DMo for his decisions on any of the above. Some prove that BJ is incompetent, but it doesn't prove DMo hates the Rockets. In the end, after Morey re-structured the contract to be even friendlier, DMo showed he wanted to be in Houston. He showed up for the physical and then for practice the next day. I don't understand why posters aren't more upset at the NBA front office rather than DMo himself - we had DMo at the BEST available terms and they were the ones who caused us to lose an asset for nothing when everything Morey did was by the book.

Batman Jones, The Hunted and DaDakota like this.
  9. DMO (DJ remix)

While DMO is little b**** and diva ? if you think you any better, well not really, why don't you go give us some stories about how good of a friend of Morey's you're. Your posts are equal of BBholic, just in different direction, always full of hate and ****, just show's what garbage person you're.

And ib4 you proclaim me being DMO nuthuger, i've been as much critical of him as anyone, but your constant piece of **** attitude is hella annoying.

Normalus likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Because people are upset that DMo talk has dominated the GARM and the Rockets are off to an excellent start of course they don't hold themselves accountable as they could have simply ignored the whole thing. It is like spam, you can just delete it.

So much so that they ignore how helpful DMo would have been to this year's team and how his unique ability to shoot the 3 and play in the post, and pass the ball would have possibly put this team over the top, so they let their emotions get ahead of what could have really helped the team, when D'Antoni wants him, I want him....

But I agree, DMo has done what is right for himself - and he should, it is just business. Personally, I thought all along that he should have signed the QO, but it is not my career.

So, the best thing now is to watch what happens next and wish him well except when he plays the Rockets.

DD

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Andrew Bynum actually at one point is better and matter more than Dmo ever been,

and then what?

Do people actually give a fork when he was not longer mattered? Who will give a fork that he was injuried while playing bowling or actually teared his ACL while laughing at the barber shop?

13. Chamillionaire

He played well for 5 months. It was always potential then the honeymoon period then it was over.

Sounds like my previous marriage. :D

Batman Jones and Pat like this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Here is a wake up call to all your fan boys out there.

Dmo is currently unemployed not because the Rockets hate him, not because Morey is such an evil human being, and not because of some conspiracies of the league working together against your idol, and also not just because how dumb his agent is.

The main reason is he just doesn't matter anymore given his current health status and the expectation by the NBA on his contribution to the teams.

Wake the fork up.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And D'Antoni called him a "piece" vs a player. That's a synonym for "asset", isn't it. :D

Batman Jones and Easy like this.
  16. heypartner

Brewer wishing him the best

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"whatever is best for him" makes it sound like it was more DMo's decision than Morey's . . . hmmm.

18. heypartner

I thought it meant Brewer has dirt on him and knows what's best for DMo ... to just move on and don't think about taking PT away from him.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, that must be it. thanks for clearing that up. :D